Unexpected Occurrences

I took two examinations in Ma'am Coleen's courses, but the third course has no written examination for the midterm period. The first one is merely a writing activity (shorter than the previous one that took us until dismissal), while the second one is mostly multiple-choice questions about technology and digital media for language learning. During the third period, we discussed about voice production, the English sounds (including the schwa), and speech delivery. However, the supposed speech activity (oral examination, impromptu speech) was postponed to next week via Google Meet. All of us ate pizza, except me. I wanted to, but realized I had to go home. When I left, me and Ma'am Coleen talked and then we went home.

 When I left, me and Ma'am Coleen talked and then we went home

Yesterday, we have discussed environmental pollution in the air through Google Meet, since Arellano suspended classes in its campuses given the transportation strike from October 16 to October 17, due to the fact that not all students from the Pag...

Yesterday, we have discussed environmental pollution in the air through Google Meet, since Arellano suspended classes in its campuses given the transportation strike from October 16 to October 17, due to the fact that not all students from the Pag-Asa street location reside in Pasig.

Today, I did not expect all the classes to be onsite, but I checked the group chat many times and found out that it was onsite due to faculty evaluation. I have evaluated all the professors except for the Saturday course professors.

We had two speaking exercises today. We taught various topics in English and Filipino. My topic is on synonyms and antonyms. Everyone listened and applauded me. In Speech and Theater Arts, we have pushed through with our midterm examination, which is oral. Ainah's extemporaneous speech is on alternative medicine. Disaster preparedness is that of Darlene's. My topic is on educational breakthroughs. We did well and Ma'am Coleen commended our performance.

Amid the prolonged transport strike until November 24, 2023, we have reported the final few topics in Ethics online. Darlene and Ainah's topic, the final synchronous report for Ethics, deals with the categorical imperative and utilitarianism, as well as hedonistic calculus or the measurement of happiness. I listened attentively. After the report of the two, I have lead the prayer for the subject, thanking God for guiding us and seeking His continuous guidance as we apply critical thinking and moral and ethical principles in decision-making.

We felt the earthquake at 4:30 pm, so we had to evacuate. Later on, we went back to the classroom. However, in-person classes were postponed temporarily due to the earthquake that happened recently. While we were dismissed, I asked Kenshi, "Iyang sa Art Appreciation?" She responded, "Online po iyan." (meaning the final exam would be asynchronous and can be taken any time). Therefore, I was in school from 9:30 AM-4:50 PM. However, Sir Bernard, our professor said the test has to be onsite.