Part Ways With Dignity

Victoria felt a little at a loss seeing Alaric's gaze like this.

And wasn't he with Claudia when I went out for lunch?

Why isn't she in the office now?

Just as she was lost in her thoughts, Noel asked her something, which promptly pulled her back to reality before answering.

After the work report was finished, Noel was ready to leave.

In response, Alaric nodded indifferently.

As soon as he walked away, Alaric's gaze fell entirely on Victoria, She had been standing behind Noel earlier, which had shielded her somewhat, but now, there was no avoiding his gaze at all.

Noel, who was about to walk toward the door, turned around to look at her.

"Victoria, should I come to pick you up again tomorrow at noon?"

Hearing this, she was stunned instantly. At the same time, Alaric also realized something was going on and arched an eyebrow.

"Do you mind if I talk to Miss Selwyn for a moment, Mr. Cadogan?"

At that moment, she knitted her brows.
What is he up to?

However, before she could react, Alaric had already parted his lips and
said in a cold voice, "It's better not to.
It's working hours after all."

"Oh?" Noel seemed a little surprised by the response, but he did not argue. "In that case, l'll look for her after work."

He left directly after saying that. In an instant, the office fell silent, so silent that even the sound of a pin dropping could be heard.

Once Noel was gone, Alaric's gaze became even sharper as it landed on Victoria's face.  It seemingly carried a hint of displeasure. "You went out with him at noon?"

She nodded since there was no point in denying it, for she and Noel were
completely innocent.

Seeing her nod, Alaric furrowed his brows. "What did you guys do?"

"We had lunch and discussed yesterday's work."

At the mention of lunch, his frown deepened, but the moment he heard
her say 'discussed work, his furrowed brows slightly relaxed.

Right, they both work for my company now, so it's normal for them to talk
about work.

However, he still felt some displeasure.

After pressing his lips together, he said, "If someone saw you talking about work during lunch, they might
think I'm bullying you."

Instinctively, she responded, "You think you haven't?"

As soon as she said that, both of them were stunned at the same time.

The urge to bite off her tongue came into her mind again at that moment,indicating her frustration.

It was probably because she grew up alongside him, so she would say anything on her mind and would not hide her true self when she was with him.

It might also be because he had seen her ugliest, worst, and most childish side when she was young.

As she was thinking, he suddenly stood up and approached her.

Although he was tall and thin, he exuded a strong sense of oppression, presumably
due to his aura as a long-term dominant figure.

Instinctively, she took a few steps backward, Seeing that, he grabbed her shoulders and pushed her against the cold
wall.

With one arm blocking her way, he wrapped his other hand around her to trap her.