A Small World

Upon her arrival at the hospital,
Summer looked around her with a
strange look and asked softly, "Why don't we go to a bigger hospital?

There is no guarantee that nothing would go wrong in a smaller hospital like this one."

"That wouldn't be convenient," Victoria replied in a neutral tone.

As she did not expect herself to get pregnant, she went to a hospital, in
which there were people whom Griselda knew working, for a check-up.

Now that she wanted to have her condition looked into, there was no way she would go back to that hospital if she wanted to keep it a secret.

After-all, there could be a risk that someone all, there could be a risk that someone there would tell Griselda about her pregnancy, which was why she decided to visit a smaller hospital for that.

After Summer took care of the registration and payment, Victoria was
required to go through several check-ups. Then, the two ladies sat in the chairs and waited for Victoria's turn to see the doctor.

At the same time, Summer could not take her eyes off Victoria as she kept peeking at her more than ten times in just a matter of minutes.

Meanwhile, Victoria quickly became puzzled and annoyed with her friend's reaction.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I was just wondering when you've become this cold," Summer spoke with
her eyes turning red.

When Victoria heard that, she could not help but question herself. Have I? Have I become cold?

"You're... the mother of this child,"
Summer said with a barely audible
voice, but Victoria was somewhat touched by her friend's words as she subconsciously rubbed her belly.

She is right. I'm the mother of my child. Victoria was caught in her thoughts with a heavy heart, but unfortunately, the grim reality did not seem to leave her much of a choice.

When Summer saw the hesitance on her face, she quickly seized the chance and said, "I'm sure you don't want this to happen, right, Victoria?

Let's think of some other way."

"Some other way?" Victoria was stunned, asking herself if there was another way for her to get out of the hook because it seemed to her that she was already at her wits' end.

"That's right." Summer seized Victoria's shoulders. "Let's think of another way.

I'm sure we'll figure something out because I know the last thing you, of all people, ever want is to lose your child, yet you're forced to... Plus, we only discovered your condition not long ago, so let's just think this through without rushing into a bad decision.

You don't want to do something you'll
regret later for the rest of your life."

Victoria nodded in response just when she heard someone calling her name.

Since it was still early in the morning, there were not a lot of people at the hospital.

Thus, she stood up and walked toward the ward. "Alright. I'm going to see what the doctor says."

Thinking they could still decide what to do after the check-up, Summer calmly replied, "Sure, go ahead."

While the interior was filled with a chilly aura, the hospital was mainly a place where people went for abortions.
Therefore, when the doctor received Victoria's pregnancy report, he took off his glasses and glared at her.

"Are you sure you want to proceed with the abortion?"

After hearing the doctor, Victoria, already overwhelmed by complicated emotions, paused in a trance.