Chapter 2

The man looks around and observes his surroundings.

He looks so confused at first and then he realizes something and says.

"Oh. Seems like I do require sleep." He said that while putting his left hand under his chin.

'Huh? What does he mean by that?' I thought.

*Masato pov*

I heard the boy, Aether, shout something.

"I'll distract the hillichurls and you try to help him get down!" He will distract these creatures huh. Man… I wish to see this but I'm way too lazy right now.

I will just continue pretending that I'm unconscious and that girl will help me get down.

"Wind Blade!" I heard him shout again. Wind? Does he have wind skill? Interesting. I assume he used a sword then.

I just listen to all the fighting. I think he already destroyed the camp and killed the creatures.

Then suddenly, I feel tiny hands grab my sleeves and try to pull me down- wait… tiny hands? Is this girl a kid? She is literally struggling trying to pull me or something? I can't tell.

"Paimon…" I heard that boy call her name while she was still pulling my sleeves… at this point… she will rip it off…

"Help Paimon here! Paimon can't do this alone!" She shouted at my left ear… her voice… way too high pitched and she is still pulling my sleeves while saying that.

"I'm coming!" Then I heard his footsteps. He went to us and I feel my legs that got tied got loose. I think he cut the rope.

I can feel that he slowly put me down on the ground. Ahh… I miss the ground…

"Is he dead? Paimon saw that he wasn't moving. Are we too late?!" Gosh… I'm still alive. Well, I did die once though. Her tone seems panicking.

"No, he is still alive. He was just unconscious. Come on, let's bring him back to Mondstadt." Good boy. I'm still alive. Wait, Mondstadt? Is that a city name? Village?

I slowly felt that he grabbed me and slowly carried me after putting me on his back and the girl also helped him.

His back feels hot… It's… making me feel a bit sleepy… Wait, sleepy…? Might as well, sleep I guess. This position is comfortable…

<Time skip>

Where I am..? Oh yeah… I died… Why am I feeling so sleepy.. even drowsy too…

"Paimon's feels pooped and hungry! But Aether, where should we bring him? Mondstadt doesn't have an Inn here."

Hm..? That high pitched voice… Oh, wait. I'm with them. Let's listen to them now. I don't even know where I am currently.

"Let's bring him to the Cathedral first. Barbara can take a look at him and then we can head to Favonius Headquarters." Wait… did he say… Cathedral..? Wasn't that a church?! No!

I made a sudden movement to make him realize that I had woken up.

"Not the Cathedral… don't bring me there." I said that which is making him confused since the look on his face says so.

"Huh? But we need someone to check up on you to make sure that you are not injured." He replied with that worried tone… Heh, he reminded me of myself that time with Kazumi.

"I refuse. Let me down now." I demanded him and he slowly put me down.

I look around and observe my surroundings.