the viper and the wolf

Tywin headed to his chambers, which he now shared with Alyssa, upon entering he found her on their bed, reading one of her favourite books.
"I'm not mad at you ally, but please talk to me about it." He sat next to her on the bed, but she kept quiet.
"Look, darling, I'm here if you wanna talk, or if you don't want to, but I'm here for you, alright?" He looked at her, and finally she looked back at him.
"It's a complicated story..." she said, saddnes in her voice.
"I'm listening." He said, taking her hand to make sure she knew that he wasn't mad.

"I used to visit Dorne as often as i would visit Robert here in kingslanding, oberyn and i were always happy when i was there, i was happy, for once i was happy, all my life my mother hated me, and while my father tried his best to shield me from her hatred, it didn't always work, while i can say i didn't care about most of the things she said to me over the years, back then, it hurt more, so oberyn was my escape, my happy place.
But at some point, I don't know why exactly, i decided to stay in Winterfell longer than usual, of course i kept in contact with oberyn, i missed him, i had fallen in love with him and i craved his touch, his kiss, just anything that had to do with him made me happy," she smiled a little, remembering how happy she was back then, "and after a while, i had the impression that oberyn loved me as well, I decided to go to dorne and surprise him." Tywin looked at her, he hadn't said a word and while she was scared he'd be mad, for how lovingly she talked about oberyn, he didn't look mad. "What happened?" He asked, smiling a little at ally. "I went to dorne, thinking he'd be happy to see me, and well, back then I thought that, looking back now, i doubt he truly was happy," My smile faded, "gods, i was so stupid back then."
"You weren't my darling, you were in love, i mean, you've married me, and i have done horrible things."
"I know, and I haven't quite forgiven you for some of them."
"But you love me anyway, because that's what being in love is like."
Alyssa smiled, and continued.

Flashback:

When Alyssa arrived in Dorne, she met Oberyn's brother first, he was surprised to see her and for a moment there was worry in his eyes, but Alyssa didn't realise, and went to find oberyn.
He was in the gardens with ellaria, Alyssa didn't even notice her when she arrived.

"Oberyn!" She smiled as she saw him, running up to him and hugging him tight when he turned to her.
"Ally? What are you doing here?" He laughed nervously, hugging her as well.
"I wanted to surprise you! Are you not happy to see me?"
"No of course i am! I'm always happy to see you Al!" He smiled, "oh, this is my...friend, ellaria sand." He said, motioning to the woman behind him.
Ally smiled at her, "it's so nice to meet you, I'm alyssa, also a friend of oberyn."
"I know who you are, he told me about you." Ellaria tried to sound nice, but she didn't care much about the stark girl, in her eyes, she was just in her way, a little stupid girl that didn't realise that oberyn didn't care for her.
"He did?" Ally blushed a little smiling at oberyn.
He smiled back at her, looking at ellaria, "I'll see you later Ell, gotta spend some time with ally while she's here."

So they did, but During that time Alyssa noticed a change in Oberyn's behaviour, while he'd usually stay in bed with her during the night, he'd always leave, having some excuse, during the day he'd often plan something with Ally but then won't show up or be too late, for example when Alyssa and Oberyn wanted to watch the sunset and have a Picknick, he didn't show up till it was long dark, but he used the excuse that be would much more prefer to watch the stars than the sunset, Making Alyssa forget how mad she was at him.

After a few days she noticed him ignoring her, only coming to her in the evenings to sleep with her, then wanting to leave immediately, now she finally had enough of this.
As he started to get dressed, Alyssa got up, stepping in Front of the door.
"What are you doing ally? Let me go."
"No, where are you going?"
"To my own chambers to sleep."
"You can sleep here like you usually do."
"Come on Alyssa, what is the problem with you?"
"With me?! You're the one having some problem! What have i done for you to treat me like this?!"
"Please just let me leave!"
"Fine!" Alyssa stepped away from the door, watching him leave her chambers, deciding to confront him again the next day.

As she heads outside the next day, determined to find oberyn and confront him, she searches for him in the gardens. As she rounds the corner she sees oberyn and ellaria, sitting together.

"When does the little wolf leave again?" Ellaria had her hands on his chest and arms, looking at him, smiling.
"Soon, i hope." Oberyn said, smiling at her.
"Why do you just not tell her that you don't want her here? You have me, you don't need her."
"I don't wanna hurt her, I've known her for so long."
"Oh please oberyn, you tell her, or i will."
"Tell me what?" Alyssa asked, suddenly standing in front of them.
"Ally?!" Oberyn got up immediately, surprised at her presence and scared of what she might've heard, "what are you doing here?"
"Searching for you, why have you been acting so strange lately? What's wrong? Have I done something to offend you?"
"No of course not i just-"
"Then what is it? Oberyn i thought that you'd be happy to see me, that you've felt the same for me." She looked at him, pleading silently that he'd tell her he loved her, that ellaria didn't matter to him, but Alyssa knew that that wouldn't happen.
"I'm sorry ally, ellaria is my only love, you were just a friend, nothing else."
Alyssa nodded, she couldn't say anything, scared that her voice might break.
She left that day, leaving dorne, she would never go there again.

*Flashback end*

"And that's how i learned not to fall for a lover again, well, until i met you." Alyssa smiled at Tywin, as he smiled back at her.
"My love, oberyn was stupid to choose ellaria over you."
"Well, had he chosen me, i would've never become your wife." She grinned, taking his hand as she kissed him.
"Good point." He smiled, cupping her cheek with his hand.