Telekinesis

Telekinesis

Ashanti stepped into Joe's house and walked into the living room. Joe stared at her. Ashanti raised an eyebrow at him. "What's up with you?" Ashanti asked him as she placed his dry cleaning on the couch.

Joe shakes his head. "Nothing," Joe answered before turning back to his phone. 

Ashanti shrugged and walked past him to greet his sons playing on the floor. "Hey, boys," Ashanti said, greeting them.

"Hi," They all said at the same time before jumping on her.

"Oh no!" She squealed as the boys climbed all over her. "Y'all are getting too big to be doing this every time," She added with a chuckle.

"Come on, boys, get off of her," Joe said with a smile on his face as he watched his sons play with Ashanti.

"Titi, can you stay with us?" One of Joe's sons asked Ashanti.

Ashanti looks at Joe.

"Is it okay with you if I stay?" Ashanti asked Joe.

Joe nods.

"Stay as long as you like," Joe answered.

Ashanti smiles at him. Joe feels his heart skip a beat as they stare at each other before one of his sons grabs Ashanti to play with them.

"Titi, can you braid my hair?" One of Joe's sons asked Ashanti. Out of Joe's four sons, he was the only one to have long hair like Joe but he preferred to keep it braided at all times.

"Sure," Ashanti answered.

Joe sat on the couch, just watching Ashanti with his sons until Joelle came into the living room, complaining that she was hungry and ready for Joe to cook dinner. Joe stared at Joelle. He had no idea what to cook.

Ashanti stood up. "Girl, your dad has no idea what to cook. I'll cook something for y'all," Ashanti said.

Joe stands up and follows Ashanti into the kitchen.

"I'll just-" Ashanti interrupted Joe.

"No, you will not order takeout," Ashanti said.

"Are you sure you want to cook?" Joe asked her.

"Joe, it's fine," Ashanti answered.

"Okay," Joe sits at the kitchen island and watches Ashanti move around the kitchen. "What are you making," Joe asked her.

"Lasagna Soup," Ashanti answered as she started dicing the onions. "I saw it on TikTok, and I think you and the kids will like it," She told him.

"Have you tried it?" Joe asked her.

"Nope," Ashanti answered.

"So, how do you know we will like it?" He asked.

"Because I just do," She replied.

Fifty minutes later, Ashanti was right. Joe and the kids liked the lasagna soup and finished the whole pot. Ashanti smirked as Joe pretended that the soup wasn't all that good but Joelle called him out.

"You ate three bowls," Joelle told her father.

"Because I didn't want to waste food," He said.

Ashanti shakes her head. "Yeah okay, whatever you say," She said, getting up from the table. "Come on, put your bowls in the sink so I can clean the kitchen and you guys can go get ready for bed," She told them.

"No, I can clean the kitchen," He said, grabbing her bowl from her hand.

"No, go get the boys ready for bed, I got this," She told him.

Joelle smiled as she watched her dad and Ashanti act like a married couple. She was so telling her mom about this once she gets to her bedroom.

"Okay," He said.

After Joe puts the boys down for bed and checks on Joelle. He walks into the kitchen where Ashanti is finished cleaning the kitchen and he looks at her with a wide smile and then he goes to her and hugs her from behind.

"Thank you for cooking for us," He said.

Ashanti is puzzled by his sudden affection but nods.

"You're welcome," She said.

Joe pulls away and rubs the back of his neck.

"So, what are your plans for the rest of the night?" He asked.

"Go home and sleep," She answered.

"You can stay here tonight," He said.

"Why would I do that?" She asked.

"Because I want you to," He replied.

Ashanti raised an eyebrow as she looked down at him with pursed lips. "What are you up to?" She asked him.

"I just want you here," He answered.

"Why?" She asked him.

"I-" He paused.

Ashanti tilted her head slightly and crossed her arms. "She told you, didn't she?" She asked.

"Who?" He replied.

"Galina, she told you that I'm quitting so you're trying to woo me into staying," She continued.

Joe shakes his head no. "No, I'm trying to admit my feelings for you but I'm not sure how to express it to you because I don't know how you feel about me," He explained.

Ashanti smirked.

"Damn, so she was right. Mhm, I'll stay here tonight," She said.

Joe gives her a look.

"Well... what do you have to say?" He asked.

Ashanti doesn't answered him but tries to walk out of the kitchen but Joe blocks her way. "Ashanti, I just confessed I have feelings for you, and you're not going to say anything about it," He said.

Ashanti giggled.

"I said I was staying," She said.

"But what does that have to do with what I said?" He asked.

Ashanti licked her lips.

"I'm staying here in your bed," She answered.