Calm

Harris woke up anticipating something. He didn't know what it was, but there was something pressing around him and waiting for the dam to break. This wasn't a good nor bad feeling. It just was there, blanketing the morning like a heavy snow, it's silence pressing all around trying to smother the human that dare try to exist during such that time. He shivered from the memory of the cold.

He was alone in the inner part of the room, Bill, his guard, sat motionless at the table, seemingly asleep. In an effort to help Harris relax some, Bill and his brothers had dyed their hair a different shade of red and have refused to be called Weasley while in his presence. Fred and George, disguise masters had put on comically large fake noses that poked put from under the black veils they both wore. Percy, the only 'traditional' one of his brothers, whatever that's supposed to mean, decided to secretly help him learn embroidery properly. He's stitched his dragon's stars onto underclothes and handkerchiefs and has been secretly adding little moons to handkerchiefs for his uncle.

He doesn't know if his uncle has realized it yet but he keeps doing it.

Bill knocked on the table before him and then greeted Harris.

"Good morning, Your Highness." The redhead called in to him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes." He answered, before washing his face and quickly changing into another set of traveling clothes that suited his eyes and the matching veil, tucking it into his pocket delicately before walking over to the table that had some congee and some fish.

"Do not have to eat it, but try. If you can't eat it that's okay." Bill said, watching the younger gent critically. "The General just wanted to see if your stomach can take it. There will be fruit to snack on during the journey so don't push yourself."

"Mn." Harris nodded his understanding and lowered his head to eat carefully.

It was then as he was about to try a bite of fish that the fish had been swiped from his reach by a swift orange claw. Bill stood immediately and caught the theif who was happily eating his quarry without a single look of guilt in his beady little eyes hin his squashed face. Bill scowled disapprovingly at the creature while Harris blinked at where the fish was and sighed, eating two more bites of congee than usual to compensate the loss, imagining that it was fish.

"This little monster. This one will get Your Highness another fish." Bill began walking to the door with the strange cat.

"No need, this one is full. Perhaps this Highness will be ready for meat later." Harris then cleaned his face once more and then held his hand out for the cinnabar stick to put the fake mole on his face once more.

He was handed the cat instead, who took to watching him as Bill put the mole exactly where it should be. The creature's tail flicking as it took to licking its lips from his meal.

"Crookshanks." The cat said, earning a bewildered look from the little crown princess who looked at Bill to see if he heard it too, finding that instead the older gent was grumbling about how cheeky a beast it was.

"What a name for such a swift creature." Harris said softly back to it.

"Ah," the cat looked amused at the gent holding him. "I'm the first cat to speak to you. How quaint."

"Is it talking to you Your Highness?" Bill looked a tad intrigued at this.

"How?" Harris asked the beastly thing while nodding for Bill.

"You have been too close to death too many times, like a cat yourself." Crookshanks looked to be preening at this. "That's how we speak. My human is mad at you. Her mate doesn't want her without you to be his for his face."

Harris made a face at this.

"I know. Her mate is not a good mate. Certainly not for one who already has a strong mate. Yours breathes fire makes him strong enough for you." The cat said before jumping out of Harris's hand and licking its paw. "I should go. She will start screeching soon."

Then the cat left, his tail up in the air as he strutted through the window and away.

The two in the room were silent after they watched the cat leave, each looking as though they had become dumb.

A knock at the door had startled the two from where they both last saw the cat. They turned to see Percy walk into the room and kneel in greeting.

"This servant has come to see if His Highness needs anything before we continue back home." Percy hadn't closed the door tightly so he spoke as if Harris were in his cover.

"This princess has had breakfast and am excited to join his husband." Harris said in that imperious tone that his part requires.

"What wife doesn't stay with their husband?" A voice outside the door asked loudly, the person opening the door of the room for a look.

"This one," Harris rolled his eyes as he answered. "This one has been unwell since we've married so to keep him in good health thus this one had avoided sharing beds with him. A pity really, that this Miss before me dares to be nosy."

"You don't look unwell." The young woman's nose went up.

"The marvels of makeup." Harris dully said, a small cough coming from him to help sell it a bit better. "What of this miss, your hair is done like that of a married woman's."

"I have no reason to tell you." She said haughtily.

"If this wife decrees your death for spying?"

"What power do you have?"

"This wife is the wife of a general. Further, this wife is the child of his Imperial Majesty's most beloved concubine." Harris leveled her with a heavy gaze. "Who are you?"

Paled the girl answered.

"This one is Hermione Granger, betrothed of Young Lord Weasley."

"Do tell this princess, what brings you so far out of the boudoir?"

"W-well..." She started but looked up, behind the three and silenced herself.

It took a moment. A dreadful moment where Percy made to grab both Harris and Granger to leave and Bill drew his weapon, only for Percy's hand to miss his arm and for Bill to be knocked out. When the moment ended, Harris was being gripped around the middle and being carried away by a stranger.

"You will put this wife down."

"Or else?"

"You don't live to get a wife of your own."

"Vicious little thing you are, it's a shame that old man wants you untouched. Well, as untouched as a virtuous wife can be."