Ch. 10

Aurelia glanced around her room, her eyes lingering on the packed suitcase on her bed.

She sighed, knowing that the time had come for her to leave Auradon and return to Seabrook. While she had enjoyed the anniversary celebration and the precious moments with her family, her heart was now torn between two worlds.

Mal entered the room, her presence bringing a mix of comfort and sadness. "Are you ready to go, Lia?"

Aurelia nodded, her white hair framing her face as she looked at her sister-in-law. "I think the hardest part of this, is saying goodbye."

Mal hugged her tightly. "We'll figure this out, you won't have to hide forever."

With Mal's words echoing in her mind, Aurelia gathered up her belongings, zipping up her suitcase as she exited her room. She quietly slipped down the stairs, her footsteps silent against the stone floor as she made her way toward the foyer.

She paused outside the door to the throne room, looking for any sign of her mother. As she walked closer to the entrance, she could hear soft whispers coming from within. Her father stood before the throne, her mother standing beside him.

Tears were running down her mother's face as she spoke. "I can't watch her leave again," She sobbed. "She's my baby."

"Mom?" Aurelia asked softly.

Belle turned to look at her daughter. "Oh, honey. I didn't see you there."

Aurelia approached her mother and embraced her tightly.

"I'll be okay," She whispered into her mother's shoulder.

"Of course you will, you're my daughter." A sad smile adorned the woman's face, "but that doesn't make saying goodbye any easier."

Tucking her mother into her arms, Aurelia said goodbye, kissing her forehead as she did so. Turning, she faced her father, who wrapped her in a hug as well.

"You take care of yourself, my rose."

Aurelia smiled. "Always, Daddy."

Leaning forward, he planted a kiss on her cheek.

He gave her another hug, then released her. Turning to his wife, he wrapped her in his arms, holding her close as she cried silently into his chest.

"No matter where you go, our hearts will always be together."

Aurelia swallowed back the tears that threatened to spill over. Despite how difficult it was to leave behind the people she loved, she knew this was for the best.

She wasn't safe in Auradon. She shouldn't have returned for the shirt time she had, but she couldn't bring herself to miss her parents anniversary.

With a deep sigh, Aurelia exited the throne room. Walking slowly across the cobblestone courtyard, she stared at the fountain that used to sparkle every night when she would lay in bed.

"Lia!" Aurelia turned around to find her brother running towards her.

He reached her quickly, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I gonna miss you," He murmured, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"I'll miss you too, Ben," She replied, leaning her head against his.

Ben hugged his sister tightly, and the two of them shared a moment of bittersweet farewell. Aurelia knew that leaving her family, especially Ben, was one of the hardest parts of this.

"I promise I'll call as soon as I can," she reassured him.

Ben smiled, a tear escaping his eye. "I'll hold you to that, Lia."

With a final embrace, Aurelia turned and continued her walk toward the castle's main gates.

As she left the grand castle behind, she couldn't help but glance back one more time, her heart heavy.

Lumiere gave the princess a sympathetic smile, "Shall we?"

"Let's go before I change my mind." With that, they turned and entered the car that had been waiting for them.