i. prequel

—HEAVY MANGA SPOILERS.—
•Does not completely follow JJK PLOT.•
^ PLEASE BE AWARE, MAIN CHARACTER DEATH.

-HAS NO TRIGGER WARNINGS.-
^ As stated, no trigger warnings. Story will go as I want, although criticism is warranted. :)

INSPIRED BY C.AI. PROMPT.

1000 years ago.

The screams of terror, as one was beheaded after another. Painting one another red, which each others blood; and of course their own. The slaughter never ceased to end. They killed her of course.

They had this coming.

Her wings stripped from her, her former sorcerers turning against her. For what? Falling in love.

Was this illegal? Well, only morally. Curses and Sorcerers weren't allowed to coexist. It was either one or the other. One will always overthrow one another and vice versa.

He never let out a scream like that, not in his lifetime. She was supposed to live forever, under his guidance. They were perfect for one another. Vows and all.

Sukuna and Y/n, had a pact. One of pure faith. She fell for him, he fell harder.

She lived on the country side, her clan of Hanazaika's. Gifted with cursed techniques, those passed down by the heavens. Worshipping led to Grace, Grace led to Power, Power led to Salvation. Y/n held all three. Grace, Power, Salvation. She wasn't completely innocent, but who really is in this world? She was graced with techniques like no other. She could heal those, keep youth, and protect her family or loved ones.

Her clan had attributes close to gods.
- Eternal Youth
- Wings fit for a Deity.
- Cursed techniques never heard of.
- Soul reading.

Being the creator of her own bloodline, she was blessed with all. Her relentless sacrifices to help the world, blessing more sorcerers with cursed energy to better defend themselves; giving her life energy to better help humanity. Giving those heavenly restrictions, clans, and inhuman abilities. That's when it caught the attention of him.

How could someone be so selfless to those who were so selfish. 'Was she an idiot?' He watched from the shadows, sitting in his Malevolent Shrine. His white robes perfectly on him, crossing his multiple arms, resting his right leg on his left knee. It intrigued him, His faces talked to one another.

"She's quite an odd one. Self righteous yet selfless." One spoke, as if it wanted a different opinion from the other. "We're thinking and saying the same thing, dumbass." It laughed to each other, it drove him insane how much she made him think. He had never thought so much in his life. She made him question his beliefs, actions, and feelings. He hated it. But it drove him to love her even more.

He got sick and tired of watching her, eventually getting the courage to talk to her.

She laughed at all his jokes, smiled even when he wasn't being funny, and appreciated his company. He was just an average human in her eyes, she was a goddess in his, and that would change.

She fell in love the moment she saw him. "You can call me Ryomen Sukuna, but Sukuna is fine for you." He smiled, extending his hand, exposing his nails and wrist tattoos. She warmly shook it, reading his soul. He was ruthless, a murderer, and an enslaver. Yet she craved to understand why he was like this. Why she was the way she was. Why she acted so differently.

Sukuna surely had to give in that he was more than a human, giving up his facade, revealing his two faces and four arms. She didn't see him any less. Why didn't she? He never had the courage to ask her. Maybe he should've. Too late now. Although he enslaved so many women and children for his own benefit, which was? Fuck, nobody knows. Just for fun. He frequently bathed in the moonlight, his robe sitting at just his waist. He always invited her. But she was too busy helping those measly humans. "Why can't she be with me?" He grumbled. "She's the only one who can tolerate my humor. And shuts up when I need her to." He spoke to himself. Looking down at the pack of cigarettes he held. "Guess humanity is good for one thing."

"Sorry I'm late." She spoke softly, floating next to him, instinctively laying down on the hill next to him. "They needed help with cattle." He scoffed, looking down at her. "You're not their slave, you know. That's why I have those selfish bastards do my own bidding." He spoke disgusted, rubbing his scalp with his nails.

She shrugged. "I like helping those who can return the favor in other ways." She smiled to him, tossing over on her back, staring at the stars. He paused, looking down at her as he sat down. "Have you seen any of them return the favor anywhere else? I sure as hell haven't." He laughed at her shitty response, smirking at her.

"I know they will one day."

He couldn't contain his laughter still, his deep voice rumbling from his chest. He wiped a fake tear, "You're actually hilarious, you know that right?" He resumed his smile. "You're a smart, yet naive human." He remarked. "I'd stop your efforts here."

It had been a week since their conversation.

The city grew restless, they were struggling to find food sources, civil discussions, and innocent disputes. The country side even started to die out. Crops weren't getting harvested or rotted before it was even time.

"That Hanazaika girl, I'll kill her when I get the chance." He mumbled to himself, squishing grapes into his mouth. "You. Bring her to me. Find her." He pointed to two of them in the room. "Don't come back. I'll find you if you fail regardless." He promised.

Yet they never returned, neither did she. If only he had known when he did. Maybe there would've been something to do. But you can't change fate, right? Everyone knows that. Right?

Her wings, plastered as a display for justice. Sitting on top of a school, a symbol of peace. Rightfully taken from the wrong girl.

She did everything for them.

When he investigated, he cried. His one friend, potential lover, just unannounced. Unconfirmed. He missed her. Was she destined for this?

She was burnt at the stand, her wings plucked and her body beaten. She was used as a sacrifice to better the world. "Better the world.." He scoffed, repeating the villagers words. "My fucking ass. I'll plague this world." In anger, he did everything as he promised.

Plague, disease, and un-wellness spread like wildfire, engulfing everywhere and anyone in it.

Finally, they came after him. Defeating sorcerer after sorcerer; he got tired. There was only a couple handfuls left, he got bored.

If this was how he was supposed to live, what was the point? She was gone. What if he just gave up? He'd kill the next generation regardless.

Or so he thought. After submitting to his next foe, they placed a curse on him. The next human to swallow Sukuna's fingers, would be his vessel. And completely at bay to it. They chopped all 20 off, before letting him rot.

He headed back into his Malevolent Shrine one last time, holding her close. He never rid of her body, after finding her. Before disappearing for another 1000 years.