XXIV.

"We've got proof." Satoru started approaching Y/n. "He's trying to use you." He flashed her a warming smile. "Y/n?" He asked, noticing her eyes widening. "Do you doubt me?"

Y/n's eyes flickered to Yuji, focusing on Sukuna's eyes underneath. Which remained closed, he didn't even bother defending himself. 'If that brat loves me, she'll know that sorcerer is lying.' His cockiness seething through to Yuji's mind. Which wouldn't be overlooked so easily. 'Gojo-Sensei is lying?' He asked Sukuna, looking into the air as if that would do anything. Like he was a different being. He remained silent, not entertaining him at all. 'Quit projecting yourself to him.' Yuji spoke, slapping his face.

"I don't know." She spoke. She couldn't dare tell him what they did. The unspeakable acts and memories shared with one another.

"What's your proof?" She quipped back quickly. Refusing to believe Satoru until definitive proof. At least, that's what she told herself. 'Sukuna wouldn't do that. Not after everything he's said and shown.' She told herself, trying to ignore any other signs. Obvious or not. Satoru read her face, knowing he was doubting her. "You can't seriously be agreeing with him. You know he's raped and killed millions of women? Who's to say you won't be next?" He pleaded with her, "I don't want that for you Y/n." He grabbed her hands, pulling them together as he looked up down at her. Her eyes refusing to lock with his. Her pupils all over the place; unable to focus on anything. "Listen." He tried, holding her hands with his left, his right fixing any hair. Trying to touch her. Yuji heard his phone ring, moving away from the adults bickering.

She flinched, looking down at the hands that held her wrist. His larger hands, holding both her small ones by the wrist. So many things ran through her head. The manifestation of Satoru in her head, the sweet condescending teenager she loved as her best friend. Or Sukuna, clearly loving her for centuries past her original death. Or so it seemed. With her mind drawing conclusions; thankfully, the teenager had something to say. Returning from the sidelines he had put himself in. "Gojo-Sensei?" Yuji butted in, "Megumi said that Utahime-San said that, from which she heard from Shoko-San-" "Yuji, spit it out please." Gojo looked at him. "Higher Ups are coming." He put his phone back to his ear. "And they don't sound happy." As Megumi walked with them, keeping Yuji on the line. Talks of execution methods, ranging from beheading, sacrificing, and blunt force trauma.

Satoru put his feelings aside, instead concerned for her life. They'd kill her for the amount of association she had with him. "Y/n. Make a decision now." He commanded, his right hand, instead of playing with her hair, held her cheek instead. "Or it's the end of the road for you." He sighed, "I still love you. But I can't continue to keep you away from them if you're clearly in love with the King of Curses."

"Continue? They've wanted me dead this entire time?" Her voice faded from her normal confidence, "Why didn't you tell me? How long have you known?" She begged, "Ever since you were transferred here; but I wanted to protect you!" He started. But the rage Y/n had, was returning.

"Protect me? The Satoru Gojo, protecting someone. Yeah. Okay. The Hanazaika clan hasn't needed anyone then." Taking a breather, as the last one alive. "And I don't need anyone now."

Yuji patted her shoulder, "I'm sorry." He apologized, like this was somehow his fault. "I should've never swallowed the finger." She swallowed flashing a smile to him, "It's not your fault, you're just a kid yourself." Gathering any bearings she could've had. "I can't choose." She muttered, pulling away from his grip. "I don't want to die; but he clearly knows a lot more than he's letting on." She noted, staring at Yuji. The quietness of Sukuna, for once was out of character.

"Y/n. You don't know that."

The boots on the ground, made everyone turn their heads. "Y/n. You're not a bad person. I don't want you to die." Yuji cried out, enveloping her in a hug. "You were so kind to me. Even if you scared me with your techniques. And when Sukuna forced us to kiss- And when you left me on the train with Sensei-" He started between sobs, "Please don't go-" Squeezing her tight, her arms wrapped around her back. Satoru but the inside of his cheek, watching the dynamic between them.

"Yuji.." Her voice broke, hugging him back, returning the tight grasp. "I don't want to go either." Feeling the water works in her tear duct, she hugged him tighter, "I can't imagine being anywhere else. And I surely can't leave you alone with him." She rubbed his hair, breaking the hug with him. "You're such a mama's boy, Yuji."

Yuji figured she wouldn't stay, he knew too much of their conversations between Sukuna and Y/n. She was too attached; and he wanted her to remember. But he couldn't always picture the memories they had between each other. She always made sure to use her ability if anything she felt was too much for the boy; to prevent traumatizing him.

Satoru walked forward, butting between the two. Abruptly also ending the hug earlier, bumping between the two. "Alright alright. Enough with this sappy shit. What's your decision?" He smirked, knowing she'd probably give up Sukuna. The bond between them was clearly stronger than that. 'I have no doubt, she'll pick humanity over that greedy bastard.' His skewed point of view, never going to understand why she thought so differently.

It was like Suguru, all over again.

Without missing a heartbeat, she already had her answer. "I'm fleeing. I'll be with Sukuna." She had known from the moment they shared in the inner domain. The color drained from his face, "I guess I can't be hurt by your insult when you thought just like him."

Satoru sighed, he was afraid that would be her answer. Finally processing what he'd have to do. "I have no choice then." He muttered, forcing himself to look away. Feeling Satoru's nature change, she knew she had to get away. "Satoru, we can still talk. We don't have to end this way." She went to activate her technique, going to pause time temporarily to get herself away. He wouldn't let her this time. His eyes instinctively telling him. Yuji dove for her, but once again he was too slow. "Sensei!" He pleaded, watching his quick maneuvers.

He held her in his arms, two fingers locked to her forehead. She exhaled, as she felt herself slip from her consciousness.

"Where is she?!" A servant of them, demanded her at once. "She is to appear before them, to be executed." He pointed at her, holding his phone. "Yeah. I'm the first to arrive. If he resists, bring the others." He spoke into the phone. "Satoru Gojo, you're to hand over the traitor immediately; for execution." He opened his arms, wanting the girl.

Yuji looked up at Gojo, which his face made him lose any hope for Y/n.

He cried, cradling her.