Chapter 31 Dashed in without thinking

When Seulgi was Working after the lunch break, The blaring fire alarm reverberated through the office, sending everyone into a state of panic. Seulgi, heard the burning urgency in her colleague's voice. As her colleague shouted to evacuate the building, Seulgi asked with an unwavering tone, "Where is the fire?"

Her colleague replied, "It's in the West Wing."

Seulgi's heart skipped a beat. The West Wing was where Irene's office was situated. She couldn't bear the thought of the important document that she asked her colleague to kept in Irene's office which was very important. If it got burnt, Irene's hard work going up in smoke. Determination etched across her face, Seulgi crutched her way through the chaos, leaving her colleague's cries unheard.

She continued to move forward, even when her colleague shouted her name in concern, "Seulgi, you need to leave now!" But Seulgi's unwavering determination propelled her forward.

Seulgi pressed forward against the panicked crowd rushing towards the exit. Her crutches clanged loudly with each resolute step, a sharp contrast to the shrill wails of the fire alarm. The heat bore down on her, the air becoming thick with smoke. Her heart pounded in her chest, a relentless rhythm of fear and unyielding determination.

Every inch of her progress was a hard-fought battle. The corridor leading to Irene's office seemed endless, a never-ending journey through the ever-thickening haze. Her colleagues, gasping for air and choking on the evolving fumes, hurried past her. But Seulgi's focus remained unwavering.

The sound of crackling flames echoed menacingly through the corridor, flames casting eerie, flickering shadows that danced on the walls. The world seemed to slow around Seulgi, and every step felt like a monumental achievement, a testament to her strength.

Finally, she reached Irene's office, her chest heaving from exertion and the inhalation of smoke. The sight inside the room was nothing short of a nightmare – flames voraciously consuming the space, consuming everything in their path.

Amidst the growing flames that enveloped Irene's office, Seulgi frantically searched for a file document. She secured the important document by wrapping it in a cloth she had used to cover herself earlier. But the fiery chaos had already taken hold of the room, and dense smoke made it difficult to see anything. The exit appeared shrouded in a thick, suffocating haze.

Panic gripped Seulgi as she desperately scanned the room for an escape route. The fire roared with menacing intensity, painting the office in ominous hues of orange and red. With every passing second, the situation became more perilous.

Just when it seemed hope was fading, a partition wall buckled under the intense heat and collapsed, falling heavily upon Seulgi. She cried out in pain as she hit the floor, a sharp object piercing her stomach and stealing her breath.

Seulgi clutched the document close to her chest, an unspoken promise that she would do whatever it took to protect what was important to her, no matter the cost. her vision blurring from the agony. She knew that escape was improbable at this point, and her strength waned. The room felt like a furnace, and Seulgi, struggling to breathe, finally surrendered to unconsciousness, her last whispered word being "Hyun."