❦ 하나

one. dark dream

❝ i don't care if i get torn apart, i don't care if i die

i don't care if i get torn apart, i don't care if i die.
if i can die next to you, that's good enough for me.
e'last

❍❏❐❑❒

prince gyuvin stirred in his opulent canopy bed, the first rays of dawn filtering through the heavy curtains. he rubbed his eyes sleepily, trying to shake off the remnants of a dream that had clung to him like a lingering mist. as he stretched his limbs beneath the silken sheets, he could hear the faint chirping of birds outside, a serene melody that did little to dispel his disquiet.

just as he was starting to fully awaken, the door to his chamber creaked open, and his butler, gunwook, entered with a polite yet insistent knock. gunwook's presence was as poised and dignified as ever, a stark contrast to gyuvin's disheveled state.

"young master, forgive the intrusion," gunwook began with a slight bow, "but there is an urgent matter that requires your attention."

gyuvin's groggy gaze met gunwook's, his expression one of reluctance. "can it wait, gunwook? i'm not in the mood for urgent matters today."

the butler's stern demeanor softened, understanding the turmoil that often plagued the prince. "i'm afraid, young master, it cannot. there is a royal banquet scheduled for this evening, and your presence is not only expected but requested."

gyuvin let out an exasperated sigh and buried his face in his hands. banquets were a necessary part of his royal duties, yet today, the thought of mingling with the nobility and feigning interest in their endless, empty conversations felt like an unbearable burden. he had other, more personal matters that occupied his thoughts.

"must i go, gunwook? can't you attend in my stead?" he implored, his voice tinged with a touch of desperation.

the butler, ever the loyal and unwavering servant, met gyuvin's gaze with unwavering resolve. "i'm afraid not, your highness. your presence is vital. it is expected by both the court and your family."

with a resigned nod, gyuvin reluctantly accepted his fate, knowing that duty often overruled desire in the world of royalty. he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, ready to face the day and the obligations that lay before him, all while yearning for the one thing he truly desired – the clandestine moments beneath the moonlit sky with prince quanrui.

although prince gyuvin had interacted with many members of the royal court, he had never truly met prince quanrui. quanrui remained an enigma, a distant figure from the ally kingdom. their encounters were brief and formal, limited to the occasional diplomatic gatherings, where politeness replaced genuine conversation.