Unexpected reunion

I saw Alex with a tree stuck on his leg, struggling to get it off.

I was both relieved but annoyed that of everyone I found, I found him. I decided to scare him a bit before helping.

"Who dares be in my sacred grounds?" I said in a deep voice

"Who said that? I'm not... scared"

I saw him frantically trying to get the tree off of him even more, I definitely had him scared.

"For trespassing, you shall suffer... a painful punishment!"

"Please don't hurt me!" he pleaded

I looked around and found something to close this out. I decided to do one final thing before finally finishing this.

"Come on... you stupid tree! Huh? No... stay back... I know how to fight!"

A coconut suddenly came flying out of the bushes and hit him directly on the nose. I finally revealed myself.

"Ha ha, I got you good!"

"What the?! Madison? Am I glad to see you... but what the heck was that for?!"

"Consider that payback for what you've caused"

"Whatever, you gonna help me with this tree or just stare?"

"Fine I'll help"

As I tried to lift the tree off from his leg, I noticed that Alex was looking at me with a peculiar look, was he... blushing?!

I lifted the tree and he was in pain but could walk.

"When the heck did you get here?" I asked

"I washed up here last night and then I spent all night and most of today looking for... Oh crap!"

"What?"

"My friends! They went ahead while I was... we gotta catch up to them!"

"Where were you guys heading?"

"The source of the music"

"Well let's go then!"

We sprinted towards the source and as we approached I saw his friends waiting behind some big leaves, I stayed back while he approached.

I heard him argue with his friends for ditching him and walking past the big leaves.

"So... hi?" I said shily

"Oh, hi" said the hippo

"Howz it hangin?" said the monochromatic friend

"So, I guess this is kinda of an introduction" I said

I noticed something crawling on Alex's back and I pointed it out to his friends.

"Uh, there's a... a thing on his..."

They turned around and saw a spider crawling on his back, I hid behind everyone while the hippo grabbed a stick.

"So if you can just point us to administrations, we'll just uh..."

The spider spoke but Alex responded with a loud scream, the hippo suddenly started beating him up with the stick and he screamed in pain.

"Stop it!"

"Stop it! Enough! Enough with the stick!"

His friends picked him up and I approached him.

"Are you okay?" I asked

"In a way yes" he responded

We heard something come out of the bushes, a frightened noise.

We turned around and saw a small creature, hiding behind its tail.

"Well hi..."

The monochromatic was suddenly shushed by Alex and tried to take charge.

"Ahem, you let me handle this! Alex handles it. Marty does nothing" he said

We looked at each other and rolled our eyes as he approached the small creature.

As he approached the creature, it started crying.

"Hi theeeere"

The creature started crying, Alex started apologizing, only making the creature cry more.

The hippo pushed Alex aside and comforted the small creature and as he backed away, I slapped him.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"You're an idiot, that's why" I said

"I... Ugh, whatever"

Suddenly a massive herd of creatures came out of hiding and started surrounding us. We huddled closer for protection, but me and Alex got a little too close and we slightly blushed.

But then we all heard a blow horn and a small black creature holding a shell and holding it like a trumpet that reminded me of how Rico would sometimes play it randomly