Chapter 2: Hero Course

September 1st, 3089.

Dear diary:
I believe i'm a good person, I mean, think there's good in everyone. But well, a few months ago I thought "hey, would it be funny if I applied for the hero course in UA and passed?" guess what I did. Yeah, I applied to it and passed, not sure how. Am I a good person for applying to this thing even with- well- how I am?

My physical strength is total shit, my technique isn't the best (I almost sent flying a girl in the test) and I barely saved a boy from falling and breaking his bones. But well, I guess the universe works in mysterious ways. Or I was just lucky.

But hey, first day of UA high! I look around to see my classmates and I ask myself, what happened to them? Why have they decided to become heroes?

Oh, why did I choose this career? It's complicated, I-----

_______________

— Ow! Dude, be careful! — I rubbed the back of my head after that blondie "accidentally" kicked it.
— well, maybe if you weren't blocking my view with your big ass head I wouldn't kick you, bomb girl! — ugh, I hoped they wouldn't remember that. Wait.
— you idiot- how do you know that? I didn't see you in the entrance exam! —
— oh, I was there! How the fuck didn't you see me!? You should get your glasses checked!! — I groaned and looked at my notebook, great, he ruined my page so now it looks awful. I was about to call out that blondie, but another guy did it before me.

— hey! Don't put your feet up there! Don't you think it's disrespectful towards your classmates!?— a tall guy with glasses said, or well, yelled, at the blonde one.
— nah, I don't see it that fucking way. — he smiled- angrily? — and from what cheap school do you come from, damn extra? — oh dang, that's the cringiest insult i've ever heard.

I was about to step in the conversation, but I saw from the corner of my eye a boy with green hair in the entrance door.
— Oh, it's you! The crazy hair boy! — a girl called out behind the green guy. She had a round face, brown hair cut in a bob, and pinkish cheeks. Shoot, it's the girl I almost sent flying. I breathed in stood up and walked towards them, I still owed her an apology. I felt a pit in my stomach, was I nervous?

—i'm so glad to see you passed! That punch you gave to that robot surely thaught it a lesson! It was sooooo cool!! — she said as she exagerately mimiqued a punch in the air. God, she looked so cute, maybe she'll finally I could fall in love with her? Wait- yeah this isn't the time to think that. I gently waved my hand to grab her attention, which worked. The boy seemed to not notice, but I wasn't gonna talk to him, so it didn't matter.

— hi! I think we met in the entrance exam, my name is Akira Kanroji. — I bowed before she could awnser. — I wanted to apologize for almost hurting you that day. Y'know, because my bomb hit you. I'm not very good using my quirk with other people around- but it's still no excuse. I'm sorry. —
— Oh! I do remember you, and don't worry! I mean, accidents happen, and i'm alright, so everything's forgiven! — I stood straight again and I saw her smile at me. — by the way, i'm Ochako Uraraka, nice to meet you! — she streched her hand out to shake, which I did. I felt a smile form in my face, she seemed really kind.

— h-hey uh, sorry for getting in the conversation, but you're the girl with the bombs right? — goddamit. I nodded and looked at the green guy, only to realize I also knew his face. — I wanted to thank you for saving me that day, I would've still been in the hospital if it wasn't for you. — he bowed. — Thank you! — I giggled a little nervous, I guess I could get used to this as a hero.

— hey hey, it's cool. And uh, please stand up. — he quickly stood straight and put his hand out to shake.
— Right! My name is Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you! — I shook his hand as he kept talking. — I was wondering, what is your quirk? You did make bombs, but you also made a mattress when you catched me. I don't see a relation between those unless your quirk is related to object creation. — I stared at him for a moment. Damn, this guy really noticed all that about my quirk even if we were in an exam.