CHAPTER THIRTEEN

In the early morning, the classroom was filled with a gentle hush. Stell sat diligently at his desk, engrossed in writing in his notebook. Elias, on the other hand, seemed more preoccupied with his phone, casually scrolling through various apps. The peaceful atmosphere was suddenly shattered as Justin burst into the room, his entrance met with a chorus of hushed "shh" from their classmates.

"Sorry, everyone," Justin muttered sheepishly, his eyes scanning the room until they landed on Stell. With a mischievous grin, he approached Stell's desk, causing Elias to look up from his phone.

"What's going on, Justin?" Elias inquired, curiosity lacing his tone. Justin slammed a poster onto Stell's notebook, causing Stell to momentarily jump in surprise.

"Check this out, guys!" Justin exclaimed excitedly, pointing at the poster. "This is our chance to shine. It's the upcoming Freshman Day events, and we have a chance to compete in the sports fest. I can't wait to win!"

Stell took a moment to examine the poster, which detailed the various activities planned for the first-year students. Among them was a volleyball game, and it was evident that Justin's enthusiasm stemmed from his desire to participate. Stell glanced up at Justin, a hint of skepticism in his eyes.

"Volleyball, huh? Can you even play, Justin?" Elias asked, a teasing tone coloring his words. He took the poster from Stell's desk and began reading its contents.

With an air of unwavering confidence, Justin replied, "Of course, Elias! I was one of the best players on our high school team. But you know who the real star was? Our very own MVP, Stell!"

Stell blushed slightly at the unexpected praise, feeling a mixture of pride and humility. He had always been passionate about volleyball and had indeed excelled in the sport. However, he preferred to let his skills speak for themselves rather than boast about them.

Elias chuckled, playfully nudging Stell's arm. "Looks like you've got a fan, Stell. What do you think? Should we give it a shot?"

Stell's gaze shifted from Elias to Justin, a thoughtful expression crossing his face. Although he wasn't one to seek the limelight, the prospect of representing their course faculty in a sport he loved ignited a flicker of excitement within him.

"Alright," Stell finally responded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Let's do it. Let's show everyone what we're made of."

Elias and Justin were filled with excitement as they high-fived each other, their voices echoing through the room. "We gonna win! We gonna win!" they chanted, completely disregarding their classmates and causing a ruckus. Stell couldn't help but burst into laughter, thoroughly entertained by their enthusiasm.

Just as the celebration reached its peak, Stell's phone lit up with a notification. It was a message from Ig, and the username was "superioson." Intrigued, Stell eagerly opened the notification to discover a new post from this enigmatic user. The image displayed a person seated on a gaming chair, their back turned to the camera. Stell could only see their silhouette, highlighted by the hoodie they were wearing. The anticipation built up as the person began to sing, their deep voice sending shivers down Stell's spine.

The song that resonated from the video was "My Favorite Clothes" by Rini. Stell's face lit up with a smile as he watched, completely engrossed in the performance. The singer's voice filled the room, enchanting Stell with its melodic tones.

As Stell's smile widened, Justin noticed his friend's blissful expression. Unable to resist the opportunity to join in on the fun, he gestured for Elias to accompany him. Together, they silently made their way behind Stell, eager to catch a glimpse of what was captivating their friend's attention.