ICE CREAM (ASH'S POV)

I feel like I can breathe again when I hear the loud bang of the front door shutting.

I sit by the counter where I'm positioned between my two current favorite people. River is on my right while Mercy is on my other side, I have a clear view of both their faces just staring ahead.

"I want ice cream." My words are enough to get them to stop staring at me.

Mercy is the one who goes to the fridge, I ignore River's eyes in this few seconds that we are kind of alone. Mercy hands us each a spoon then continues to place the big tub in the middle of the counter.

I remove the lid and almost drool at the sight of the chocolate chip ice cream. I swear chocolate has to be the best thing that has ever happened to man.

I don't mean to, but I find myself moaning as the sweet delicacy melts in my mouth. My companions stare at me wide eyed, and then we all break out in laughter.

Whatever ice was there breaks and they start to join me in digging in. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but something feels different with these two.

River keeps looking at Mercy, and I may be mistaken but I'm detecting some worry in her eyes.

"So what were Barbie and Ken doing here??" River abruptly asks.

I raise my brow in a questioning way. "That statement is wrong and disturbing on so many levels. They are siblings, and they aren't even blonde."

River keeps the spoon in her mouth for a while, I think she sometimes just speaks without thinking. And this is the result of that amusing yet flawed trait.

"It sounded so much better in my head. Anyway, you didn't answer my question."

Trust River to be dumb and a smart ass at the same time.

"I must say, I'm also curious to know what Hailey and Brandon were doing here." I don't miss Mercy's sarcastic tone when she mentions their names.

I get the feeling this isn't my sister and brother's fan club. They'd prolly faint if they learned there are people out here that don't fancy them.

Shocker!!!

"Well they came to inform me that they kept most of my inheritance from me for the past five years. Turns out my parents didn't just leave me with two million and the beach house, that don't even belong to me anymore since my ex wife kinda robbed me.
I also recieved an extra eight million and fifty percent of their hotel, I was told they sold it so imagine my surprise when I learned I actually kind of own it."

Wonders never cease, a part of me still thinks I might have misheard them. I can see Mercy and River are having a hard time believing this too.

"Talk about evil, who does that to their own sister." River sounds as mad as Mercy looks, so I guess they aren't that surprised then.

"Tell me about it. I could smell the stench of their rotten hearts the moment I walked in the lounge, some bad folks they are." Don't judge, but I'm finding it hot that my girlfriend is shit talking my siblings.

And then River, I don't even wanna go there.

"Dawg, did you see the brother?? One look at him and I could already predict his entire life story. He was popular in highschool and played football, I'm sure he was the captain. He was dating a blonde cheerleader and they kept at it even in college. Now he has two kids with the same girl he's been dating for the past eighteen or so years, he doesn't like whatever job he has cause it doesn't thrill him much. And I bet you he's having an affair with his hot secretary that makes him feel younger and better about himself."

Mercy looks at me with a smirk after her speech. "Did I miss anything??" Surprisingly, no, she just nailed my brother to the T. She grins proudly when I shake my head.

"Tell me, how old is your sister??" River asks with this curious look on her face. "Thirty four."

Both their eyes widen and Mercy purses her lips. "So she's the same age as me?? Well I'll be damned, I was pretty sure she's forty something."

River nods in agreement and I can't help but roll my eyes. I'ma just keep filling myself up with this ice cream while these two continue with their crazy talk.

"Evil and boring, sounds terrible to be them. I can't believe our beautiful Ash is related to those ugly ducklings."

Did River just call me "our beautiful Ash"?? I wait for her to rephrase or for Mercy to reprimand her, but neither happens.

Instead, Mercy takes my free hand and plants a gentle kiss over it.

"Your right Riv, we got the best one out of the three. Ash's beauty, grace and priceless heart are unmatched."

I turn to River and she has that same dazed smile. I feel as hot as I probably look right now, and it's safe to say I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I internally gather myself like a lump when Mercy let's my hand go then they continue complimenting me, and they still don't stop making fun of my sister.

I lean back in my chair to just drink in this scene in front of me. So my sexy girlfriend and roommate are over here eating my favorite ice cream, and they are literally praising me.

This is definitely getting stored as my favorite moment throughout my entire existence. I have no idea what exactly is going on, but I'm happy.

River's eyes meet with mine and she smiles before focusing back on their conversation. Not even a minute later, my gaze locks with Mercy's and she winks at me.

I have a confession, I'm so horny I can't stop twisting my legs and my clit hurts from all this throbbing.

I reach out to scoop some ice cream to the maximum my spoon can hold, and then I throw it all in my mouth.

I don't even get any brain freeze because well, I'M TOO FUCKING HORNY.

Forget that they make me wet, it's not my fault they are so sexy. But they also give me butterflies in my tummy.

Mercy is like my safe space, I feel loved whenever I'm within her reach and from miles away. I look at Mercy and suddenly, I understand why Romeo couldn't live without Juliet.

River on the other hand brings the real me that has always been hidden out to the surface. She lights this fire in me and when she looks at me, I understand why Mary Jane chose Justin in the end.

Fuck! I think I have just come to a realization I've been volunteerily blinding myself from. I love them both, it's like my heart is just split into two pieces and each owns one.

Well, in a situation like this I decide to do what any normal person in my position would do.
I eat more ice cream of course, it doesn't really help but it's the thought that counts.

You know what they say, a tub of ice cream a day keeps the doctor away.

If you've never heard this your prolly from another universe.