Chapter 1

~Disclaimer~

~~~Before delving into the first chapter, I want to clarify that this story is set in the One Piece universe, and I do not claim ownership of any of the characters, except for the main protagonist. Additionally, I will make every effort to provide regular updates. P.S. Chapters 1-3 should be combined into one part, but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone with a lengthy prologue. P.P.S. This timeline is set after the Arabasta arc, but there will be spoilers pertaining to future episodes, so don't read if you don't want spoilers.~~~ Please enjoy. :)

As she walked through the new town, a feeling of excitement coursed through her. Jumping from pirate ship to pirate ship had become tiresome after her venture into the Grand Line, yet somehow, she was certain that this town would be the place to find him. It had been years since she had begun the search for her father, ever since she learned his name from Koshiro at the age of 15. Two long years had passed since then, spent tirelessly trying to track down a father who had abandoned her. Despite the abandonment, she clung to the hope that his departure was a mistake, that he didn't mean to leave her, and that she might still be loved by him somehow. However, being wanted with an $80,000,000 bounty on her head did not bode well, especially considering her father was the Captain of an entire marine battalion.

Scaling and jumping from building to building, on her search to find her dad, she spotted a boy with a straw hat on his head. Having memorized every pirate with a bounty, she knew exactly who he was Monkey D. Luffy. A smile graced her lips as she realized that he was Zoros Captain. It had been ages since she last saw her brother Zoro, who had left to pursue his dream of becoming the greatest swordsman. Despite harboring a sense of betrayal for his abandonment, she felt a surge of pride for her brother, knowing he bore the same bounty as her. She teleported down from the building, noting that Mr. Straw Hat was alone and appeared slightly lost and confused.

She started walking towards him as he turned to look her way. She smiled, saying, "Hey Joyboy." He looked at her, confused, turning to see who she might be talking to instead of him. "Your straw hat, Luffy, am I correct?" she asked him.

"Yeah," he laughed, "that's me."

"Hey, do I know you or something? Maybe you can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for the nearest restaurant." Zara saw a restaurant to her left but decided to take Luffy to a further one. "Yeah, come on, I'll show you," Luffy smiled, the biggest, most excited smile she had ever seen from a pirate before. It was as if he had never been sad a day in his life. He thanked her, but Zara thought something in that moment. She thought of all the smiles she had ever seen, and of course, she had seen genuine smiles before, but this boy had a smile of innocence. One you would see on a child, rarely ever seen on anyone else, unless it was truly a happy moment in life. Strawhat had just given her that smile for the promise of food. What an interesting creature, truly worthy of the name Joyboy.

"You know Joy boy, you should be careful walking the streets. You have a pretty big bounty on your head, and there are a lot of marines that roam these areas." Luffy looked at her as they walked, still not knowing why this strange girl knew his name and was calling him a nickname instead. However, he didn't mind it since she was directing him to food, and he loved food. He looked her up and down and decided she had no evil intentions towards him at all. She looked level-headed, like she had been through many battles in life. Not that she had scars on her body, her complexion was flawless, but he could tell by just her eyes that she was a fighter. The way she was dressed, she was a pirate. Her hair was long and white, half up with pigtails, and half down flowing with the wind as they walked. Her eyes were captivating, reminding him of a cat; yellow in color, but waiting to pounce at a moment's notice.