Chapter 8

"God damn it, now they had two runaway siblings on their hands," Nami muttered to herself, her frustration palpable. As they walked out of the castle gates, she couldn't help but mull over the situation. Zoro was likely drowning his frustrations at some bar, a familiar coping mechanism that the crew had grown accustomed to over the years. Despite his occasional disappearances, he always found his way back to them eventually.

Zara, on the other hand, was a different story. She was still a new addition to the crew, having joined them on the mission to find her father. Now that the mission was over, it remained uncertain whether she would choose to stay with them. Nami pondered the possibility that she might have found solace in the freedom of being a bounty hunter, perhaps not seeing a reason to remain with the crew.

Their departure was scheduled for the following morning, and if Zara didn't return by then, Nami knew it would be a clear indication of her decision. The thought of leaving with the uncertainty of Zara's return weighed heavily on Nami, leaving her feeling disheartened and unable to argue with Zara or convince her to stay.

"Luffy can't help but feel lost right now. He doesn't know where Zara is, and that terrifies him. After everything that went down with her father, Luffy doesn't think she should be alone right now. "We should set out to look for Zara," Luffy says outside the castle walls, addressing his crew. He sees all their faces looking grim.

"Come on, we'll look for her. She's probably not far," Luffy adds, although he knows it's a lie. With Zara's Devil Fruit abilities, she could have gone back to the East Blue for all he knew.

"No, Luffy," Nami interjects, her voice tinged with sadness. "But-" Luffy attempts to argue but is abruptly cut off.

"She can teleport literally anywhere. If she wants to find us, she knows where the ship is," Nami exclaims, her frustration apparent as she heads for the Going Merry.

"Guys," Luffy appeals to the rest of the crew. 

"Nami's right."

"Even if we find her, she probably wouldn't want to talk right now," Robin chimes in, looking at her Captain. She turns and walks away, the rest of the crew following behind her.

"I'm sorry, Luffy," Chopper says softly, following the others.

"Well, I'll just find her myself then!" Luffy yells at them and marches off, determination etched on his face.

----

The moon cast a pale glow over the quiet town as Luffy trudged wearily through the deserted streets. His heart weighed heavy with worry, the image of Zaras crying face etched in his mind. Thirteen hours of fruitless searching had left him exhausted and frustrated.

As he neared the shore, the Going Merry came into view, the ship swaying gently in the still night air. His eyes flickered to the crow's nest, and there, bathed in the soft moonlight, sat a figure. Luffy's heart skipped a beat, a surge of hope coursing through his veins.

"Zara!" he called out with unbridled joy, the sound of his own voice echoing through the silent night. With renewed energy, he sprinted toward the ship, the anticipation of finally seeing her.

Luffy climbed up the crow's nest, his anticipation giving way to concern as he found Zara sitting there, her legs drawn up to her chest, her head bowed, and her distant gaze lost in the horizon, seemingly unaware of his arrival. "Zara..." Luffy began, only to be cut off by her exasperated tone.

"So help me, Luffy, if you ask me if I'm okay again..." Zara's voice trailed off, her words heavy with a mixture of frustration and pain. Luffy felt a pang of guilt at his initial impulse, silently resolving to choose his words more carefully.