«Wei Ying Just Wants A Kiss»

Wei Ying didn't expect that he would be back to square one so soon.

When he was told that his husband was trying to bring back execution, he simply assumed that he was in a room; all by himself probably making calls. Wei Ying knew that he wasn't the smartest bulb in the box when it came to politics. So he never assumed the worst of it.

Usually, the monarch would only have to give the royal assent for a bill to be passed. The monarchs never really had any rights to influence or change the laws of the government. But, this was different. Wei Ying never realized that the monarchy worked differently in different countries where it still existed.

And, the Lan's might just be the last of their kind to exist who can overthrow the government and declare absolute monarchy. Though that was far from happening, Lan WangJi and his intentions made anything seem possible.

He no longer tried to escape from the monarchy, nor did he try to put an end to it. It was quite the opposite, Lan WangJi was now an active participant in every decision that was made in the parliament. He had taken full control of everything unofficially and nobody no longer knew if it was for the best or for the worst.

As Wei Ying walked along with Song Lan to see what Lan Zhan was up to Madam Lan had finally noticed who had been closely following her. Wei Wuxian was trailing her looking as if he had a million questions to ask her. And, all she could think of was only one thing.

' He's a bit clingy.', Qingheng said looking at the three-year-old with amusement in his eyes.

Behind his amusement was a small boy, barely reaching up to his knees, who now clung onto his wife's legs. It was truly an adorable sight to behold. The boy had no trouble wrapping himself around her leg and remain steady as she walked.

' I don't mind.', She said looking at the kid who was currently grinning at her with his two front teeth sticking out.

' He wants to see the crown.', She said and also noticed someone closely trailing them from behind.

She smiled, 'So I will show it to him.'

Behind them, trailed her very young son who looked at her with what she could only assume was disapproval in his eyes.

"Aren't you a bit overdressed?", She asked Wei Ying who looked at her with annoyance in his eyes. He didn't realize that she was being sarcastic when she pointed out how he was dressed.

"It's not like I'm going to see the president now.", He said not caring for how he was dressed. He hardly even noticed things anymore.

"Are you sure about that?", Qingheng asked with a smile on his face. Wei Ying had automatically assumed that he was sarcastic with his comment.

"Why should I even bother? It's not like I go around wearing a crown.", Wei Ying shot back. It was a weak attempt at a comeback, Wei Ying knew that too.

"We don't wear a crown wherever we go.", Madam Lan stopped in her tracks and looked at Wei Ying who currently didn't seem to realize the impact his words had on the people around him. Song Lan looked shocked, as shocked as Xue Yang did at that very moment.

"I've only worn the crown once in my life. So has everybody else in this family.", She didn't have the heart to scold Wei Wuxian, nor the time to explain why his words were received with so much offense by everybody else.

"If we are lucky this time around, your husband might be the only person who wears it more than once.", If he lived any longer for a second time to occur. Or if Wei Wuxian lived long enough to see that happen. She didn't expect much to come out of it.