«Rage»

If he died, then he had no longer had any purpose in life. For some reason, all Wei Ying could think was of what would happen if Lan WangJi died today. What if he wasn't able to dodge the bullet? What would have happened if Lan WangJi bled to death right in front of his eyes, in his arms?

When he landed the first punch on his husband's face all he could think of was their unborn child. What would happen if Lan WangJi died leaving him alone with their child. His child would have to grow up without its father in this world. And, he will forever be responsible for it.

He can't let that happen. No matter how much he hated Lan WangJi, he did not wish death on him. He wasn't going to let him die. He let out ragged breaths as he watched Lan WangJi silently stand in front of him ignoring the pain that he gave him.

If he died, then there would be nothing left to blame him for. If he died, then he would give birth alone. It won't be anything like he promised to him. There won't be anybody to hold his hands or kiss his forehead. It didn't matter how much he hated him. Lan WangJi was a good liar. He was a great liar. He was so good at lying that Wei Ying believed everything he said in a heartbeat.

Like a moth to the flame, Wei Ying always found himself being attracted to every lie that Lan WangJi had told him so nonchalantly. It was too bad that Wei Ying believed him. He knew that too. But, he wasn't going to stop. He wasn't going to stop loving Lan WangJi, ever.

His hate for him was forever. So was his love.

He landed another punch and Lan WangJi only stood there taking whatever Wei Ying was giving him.

Fuck fuck fuck. I am sick to my fucking head. Wei Ying thought when a little part of him realised just how heavily dependent he was on Lan WangJi. He was so extremely dependent on him that he did not want to leave if Lan Zhan wasn't coming with him.

"Hey! Let him go!", Song Lan intervened hurriedly as soon as the mercenary was caught and dragged away. He was about to get a hold of his wrist when Lan WangJi asked him to stop and took things in his own hands.

"You will die when I want you to fucking die!", Wei Ying yelled at him as he clasped his wrists tightly stopping him from going berserk at him.

"I'm sorry.", Everybody heard him apologising and yet Wei Ying refused to listen.

"You took everything away from me! You made me live a fucking lie this entire time! You think you can get away so easily?!", He yelled at him choking on his sobs not holding back anymore.

"I have nobody in this fucking world because of you!"

It hurt even so more because it was indeed the truth. Wei Ying didn't have anybody in this world because of his family. If, Wei Ying, realised that he had a history with his family which led to the death of his parents, all hell would break loose.

"I hate you. I hate you so much!", Wei Ying yelled at him and simultaneously ripped his hands away.

"I'm sorry."

"You think your fucking apology takes my misery away!? You keep me locked in a room and let me out twice a day!", He was treated like an animal on the verge of extinction. The day he has the baby, they would get rid of him for good and there was nothing he could do about it. It was him against a family that commited gruesome crimes in the name of rightfulness.

Wei Ying looked at the mark that he left on his face and did not regret it.

"You deserve it.", He said not regretting a second of what had gone down. If this was how he was going to show the royalty their place in his life, then so be it. He did not care any longer. He had to leave and it had to happen soon.