3. 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋

|𝐁𝐈-𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑|
𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘: 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒: 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓, 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆

966 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

"I gave you a chance—a chance to rule with me... to become wife of the Lin Kuei Grandmaster, and you betray me? You join my weak brother's insolent clan instead?!" Bi-Han spat as he held you at dagger point against a tree within the forest.

It was true. You did betray him. But it was all for good reason.

He became a tyrant.

A man who was willing to throw all morality and ethics away.

A man who was willing to kill his own brothers.

Bi-Han purposefully hid the fact that he harmed Kuai Liang. You inquired about the scar on his eye to Bi-Han and he dodged the question every time.

He knew that if you found out he had harmed his own brother—you'd leave him.

His worst fear was coming true. In the form of betrayal.

Now he's here, holding you against a tree with a ice dagger against your chest. This wasn't how he wanted this to go.

"I dedicated to leave because your morals and integrity don't align with mine!" You spat.

"Go ahead and kill me. But just know, if you continue to walk this path, there will be no redemption. Only betray and destruction lay in your wake."

Bi-Han didn't want to kill you, he couldn't. He knew you were right, but he couldn't leave you like that. If he let you go, you'd come after him again with Kuai Liang, Tomas and the rest of the Shirai Ryu.

He was trying to think of something to say, but all he could think about was his own future.

"Why can't you see it my way, ____? I want what's best for our clan. What's so bad about that?"

"Your way?! Your way is nothing but prideful deceit and betrayal and I wanted no part in it!" You yelled.

"How could you expect to betray your own brothers?! And then attack Kuai Liang as a result for going against you? You shouldn't be surprised that I have left the Lin Kuei... especially after you tried to withhold this information from me!"

Bi-Han was silent. He had no words to say, and now that he thought about it, you were right. His way was twisted, but all this time he had thought it was the right path.

But now, he was confused on who was right or wrong. All he knew was he loved you genuinely, you were the only person he loved and you could see through him.

But was it your way or his way?

"Your will must be done though. You came to kill me, so do it." You muttered.

Bi-Han finally spoke.

"I can't kill the woman I love..." He paused, pulling the dagger from you slowly.

"But I can't let you leave either. There's only one solution, come back for the Lin Kuei. I promise to make it better. I promise that everything will be better if you return. Do not make me beg..." He said narrowing his eyes-visibly conflicted as his mask covered the half of his face.

Bi-Han looked defeated, but still wanted to try to convince her.

"____, everything I have done, I did was for the clan. I only did what I thought was best. I made mistakes, and for what I did, I apologize to you. My actions were out of love." His voice stern, no hint of soft or kindness found.

He was trying to convince himself more than you, his heart was breaking with every word he said.

Bi-Han had no other choice. He had to convince you, or it was over. Even if it seemed like he was trying to pander or manipulate you, he needed you back, immensely.

Bi-Han took a step closer to you, taking in your features as you glared at him intensely. He took off his mask to seem more genuine in his approach.

"I love you ____. I care more about you than myself or the clan." He said calmly.

If you ask me to choose, I'd choose you over my own life."

"Are you... serious?" You asked softly.

"You care more for me than the Lin Kuei?" You added, your eyes widening at his statement.

His expression was unreadable-as it usually is, but he nodded.

"Please, come back with me. I will work on my morality, I will work on my ethics, all for you." Bi-Han leaned closer to cup your cheek in affection, hoping this would seal the deal.

His thumb grazing your skin as his brown eyes gazed at you with intent.

"I..." You hesitated.

"Okay, I'll come back with you... only because I believe you can be redeemed, everyone deserves a second chance."

Bi-Han smirked and pulled you close to him, as he walked with you in his grasp towards the Lin Kuei grounds.

"Do not make me regret this, Bi-Han..." You muttered.

You did indeed, regret it in the end.

Bi-Han did well for a week. He showed some semblance of true leadership and a bit of selflessness.

But he grew tired of trying to people please-and soon went back to to his tyranny.

And of course, you were caught in the crossfire.

You threatened to leave him once again. To which he responded by chaining you under the Lin Kuei grounds' dungeon.

You fought and screamed relentlessly and to no avail, you lay with a ball and chain wrapped around your ankle behind you bars.

Regardless of if Bi-Han knew you wouldn't be with him any longer, he couldn't let you leave him.

You would rot in this dungeon before he ever let you go.