Chapter 25: Linked

[The Next Day]

Alex stared at a small jar he had sitting on his desk which had the assassin's blood within it.

After he had quickly placed it in there and went to bed, he now was beginning to think on what to do.

Obviously he had to go get it tested to see whose it was however the more Alex thought about it, the of a hassle he'd realize it'd be to go get it tested within Lastation as there'd be a lot of regulations and rules he'd have to abide to.

As he continued to ponder this over, he came to a realization.

He could go get this tested up north at Kamno as he figured they'd be more forgiving up there.

With his mind made up, he got off the bed and put the small jar in his pocket as he left his room and prepared to leave.

The moment he stepped outside however, he noticed that on the floor next door something odd.

As Alex inspected this, he gasped a little.

'This is, a trail of dry blood.' He thought before seeing that it lead right up to the door. 'C-Crap is she in trouble!?'

Alex reached for the doorknob and to his surprise, it was unlocked as he slowly opened the door and walked in.

"Uh, hello? Ms. Akame?" Asked the boy as he received no response.

Alex would continue to follow the trail of blood as he saw it lead up to her room.

Obviously he knew that he couldn't just enter her room however with the situation as it was, he'd hope she'd understand.

Alex opened the door and slowly walked into her room only to see that Akame was not there.

Before he could question this, he listened closely and heard the faint sound of a shower running as he had a sigh of relief.

'Thank god. At least she's okay.' He thought as Alex opted to question the blood trail at another time as he quietly closed her door and apartment door, heading back outside as he got onto his bike and drove up north to Kamno.

[TimeSkip]

After arriving, Alex walked around the area and quickly realized he had absolutely no clue where to go.

He then remembered that back when he was here the first time, he had been introduced to a few people one of which was a doctor.

After remembering their name, he walked around and looked for a hospital as by some miracle he'd end up finding the building and walked in.

Once inside, Alex would give a call to Jackie's main assistant Dekota as Jackie given him both their numbers before he left and told him that if he ever needed anything to give either of them a call.

Soon the call was picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey. This Dekota?"

"Yes. What do you need Alex?"

"I need to know where Marie Weiss is."

"She's at work."

"Okay yeah I know already but where specifically is she?"

"She's with me."

"Still need a location."

"We're in at examination room in the medical hall. Room A25."

"Alright got it. See ya there."

Alex would hang up and walk down, using the map guides to help him out as he'd eventually arrive at the room as he knocked.