and they're the pretty little liars

LORRAINE

Masyado pang maaga kaya dumaan muna siya sa cafe na business ng kanyang mommy na nagtratrabaho bilang OFW.

Café La Crème. Siya mismo ang nagbigay pangalan dito kay medyo special sa kanya ang lugar na iyon. Sandwiched between a fabric shop and a gym, it was a narrow, high-ceilinged room with minimalist art on the walls. She got there early, procured a large café au lait, and sat with a view toward the front doors.

Inilabas nya ang kanyang phone at nag post sa Gossamer ng picture ng order niya. She tagged Rose to make it got the extra hundreds of likes she wanted. This way, the cafe will reach more people.

And hindi nga siya nagkamali. In just a few seconds, instantly nagsulputan na ang mga followers ni Rose para magcomment. May ilang nagustuhan ang photo niya, may ilan namang nagtatanong sa location ng cafe. Ang iba naman ay may kung anong tinatanong lang tungkol kay Rose.

"Ah ma'am, would you like to try po our new product. Black Lavender Naked Cake with White Buttercream."

Lorraine glanced at the direction of the voice. She saw a girl with a lovely smile and dark curly hair. She was wearing the khaki shirt long sleeves with matching black apron uniform she personally chosen for the staff to wear.

"No, thanks."

She was not into cakes today. Besides every corner of her tongue knew the flavor of that cake. In fact, it was her own recipe.

"Sige na ho ma'am. Subukan nyo lang."

"Ano ba? Sinabi ko ngang ayaw ko di ba? Ang kulit mo ha?" Lorraine's glare piercing into her eyes.

"Sungit." Bulong nito pero napalakas ng kaunti kaya narinig din ni Lorraine.

"What did you say?" Napatayo na siya sa kanyang upuan. "You don't talk me like that. Call your manager. I want to speak to him."

The subtle smell of floral perfume hovered in the air as her eyes searched out the magazine and pretended to read.

After a few minutes, dumating na ang manager at nakilala naman siya agad nito. "Ay Ms. Lorraine. Sorry po."

"Ms. Lorraine?" The girl immediately recognized her name. Her eyes blinked very fast.

"Yes. I'm Lorraine Olivares. Owner ng cafe na pinagtratrabahuan mo."

"Pasensya ho ma'am. Sorry po talaga at hindi kita nakilala agad. Sorry po talaga."

"I'll let it slide since you're new here. But please, remember my face."

The girl just nodded.

"Go ahead. Do whatever you're paid to do." Lorraine said then the girl excused herself and went back to the counter.

Lorraine settled her look at the manager. He closed his eyes for a second and shook his head, and then opened his eyes again, visibly trying to decide what to say and meanwhile for some reason she looked over at the boy entering-

She knew exactly who the boy was. His hair was longer, the ponytail was new, and he was taller and broader than he was last year, but this was Marcus de Leon, and Lorraine must be approaching him now.

He went directly to the counter and ordered the same thing as her. Something never really changed.

I could just throw it away, she said to herself. Eight months of relationship with him ended way before the Diane-is-missing thing happened.

She shook her head.

"Marcus," her voice sounded behind him

He stopped in his tracks and closed her eyes briefly. He had hoped to avoid this. Marcus turned to look at her as she approached him. He was so devilishly handsome; it was unbearable, she thought.