1. Nick

11:30am - April 20th a few hours until the proposal

Charlie is my best friend, and my boyfriend. I love him so much. But sometimes, I find it hard to cope with him.

He was diagnosed with an eating disorder when he was only 15. And everyday, since then, he's been slowly recovering. He's almost 19 now, which means soon enough, he'll be in uni.

 I'm scared for him. He's never been so alone before. I know he'll have a roommate, but I'm not sure if he, or she (or they) will help him at all.

But, what if his roommate judges his disorder?

Or, what if they don't like him because he's gay?

Maybe I'm overprotective, or maybe I just care. Do I care too much? 

There's no such thing as caring too much, right? If there is, it better not be written out 'Nicholas Nelson'. 

Why am I even thinking about this while walking to my boyfriend's house? I'm not 100% sure. But there's no time for an answer right now. 

I walk up to Charlie's doorstep, I slowly knock on the door. 

He opens the door. I look at him and smile wide. I love seeing him, no matter what he looks like.

"Hello there." He smiles.

"Hi," I look at him.

He hugs me, and I smile. I feel safe when he's close to me like this. All the more reason I want to marry him. He's the one. 

I hope he feels the same way. I've never really felt like he does. I guess that's just me. It's hard for me to feel love, but it's harder to feel pain.

 I look at Charlie.

"What should we do?" I ask.

"Whatever you want." He smiles. "My birthday is soon."

"I wouldn't forget your birthday," I smile.

I had already planned my present. It'd be quite unexpected, especially from me. 

---

"Wanna go to the park?" I smile, for now.

"Yes!" He smiles. "I need to get out of the house. Studying for university is tiring me."

I chuckle softly.

I slowly take his hand and walk to the park. I look at the sky. Charlie looks at me.

"Nick?" He smiles.

"Yeah?" I look at him.

"Is the sky pretty?" He asks adoringly.

"Hm. You're prettier." I smile.

He rests his head on my arm. I smile.

"Bunny." I put my hand on his hair.

He lifts his head and looks upon me. He smiles.

"Bunny..?" He chuckles.

 "Yeah," I smile.

He giggles and holds my arm. I smile. He just seems to be clingy right now, so I let him. I smile softly at him.

Once we reach the park, I get a really big idea that I want to give him the present now.  I think really hard about it. Charlie sits in the grass. As well as that, I've decided.

"Hey, Char?" I question him.

"Yeah?" He looks at me.

"I know that life is crazy lately, but perhaps it can be better..." I slowly get down on one knee.

He watches me and blushes.

I open the small ring box in my hands; "If you marry me."  

 "Of course I will." He smiles brightly.

I feel a small sense of relief. I slowly slide the ring onto his finger. I kiss him softly, feeling that sense of love. I sit down in the grass next to him, connecting my fingers to his. He smiles at me.

"So, do you have any wedding ideas?" I smile.

"Hmm..." He thinks out loud. "I guess I haven't thought that far."

 "I was thinking we should go on some "dates" and then if we find a spot we like, we can do it there."

"I like that." He beams at me.

---

I lay in the grass and stare at the clouds. I try making unique shapes with the clouds. 

"That one looks like you." Charlie smiles.

"Which one?" I smile back.

He points to it. I follow where his finger is pointing. There's a big cloud, drawn out in all white with what looks like legs, and muscly arms.

"Oh," I chuckle.

He smiles.

"Well then, I think that one looks like you," I pointed to a cloud that seemed to look like a sheep.

"Why's that?" He looks at me.

"Because sheep have that fluffy curly wool, just like your hair." I smile.

"I thought I was a bunny just a bit ago." He giggles softly.

"Maybe you're both."

"Possibly,"

I smile. I stare at his beautiful blue fantasy of eyes.

"I can't wait to marry you," I keep staring at him.