1~ The Sorting

This is my first time writing a fanfic so apologies if its not the best.. I'm writing this because it's something I find quite interesting but I can never find a fanfic with this theme.

Buckle up and most of all, enjoy!

--------------------

(Y/N) sat next to her brother, Draco, on the Hogwarts Express. The train was red and smelt like fresh parchment. 'Draco,' (Y/N) mutters, a sense of worry in her voice, 'What if one of us doesn't end up in Slytherin?' (Y/N) asked her twin, genuinely concerned on what her father might do to them. 'Nonsense.' Draco answers as the train comes to a halt. 'Have we arrived?' (Y/N) asked as Draco stands up, 'Yes, we're here, come on, get up.' Draco says motioning for (Y/N) to get up out of her seat.

They get off the Hogwarts Express and see a giant man standing before them. 'Come on, first years, hurry on! Yous don't want to miss the boats!' The giant man bellowed. A boy standing behind Draco spoke, 'Hello, Hagrid!' Hagrid? Is that the mans name? 'Hiya, Harry.' The man answered. Oh, I guess he is Hagrid. The first years all walk in a line behind Hagrid and towards the boats to Hogwarts. (Y/N) and Draco get in a boat together and sit down. 'It's gorgeous, the castle, I mean.' (Y/N) whispers to her brother, 'Yeah, it really is.' Draco responds staring at the castle in awe.

The first years walk into the castle and see a witch waiting for them at the top of the stone stairs, standing in front of two big wooden doors. 'Welcome to Hogwarts. In a few moments you will go through these doors and be met by your classmates, but before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.' (Y/N) notices Draco giving her a smirk in the corner of her eye. 'You all wait here, the sorting will begin momentarily.' The witch says before walking throw the big wooden doors that were once behind her.

(Y/N) then hears Draco speak. 'It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts.' People start whispering and mumbling and then Draco speaks up again. 'This is (Y/N), Crabbe and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.' 'You aren't the only Malfoy, Draco.' (Y/N) says crossing her arms sassily. Suddenly, I see a freckled ginger boy snigger beside Harry. 'Think our names are funny do you? No need to ask for yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley.' Draco spits at the boy. 'You'll soon find out that some wizarding families,' Draco glances over at (Y/N) and back to Harry, 'are better than others, Pottah, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort.' Draco reaches his hand out for Harry to shake. 'I can help you there.' Draco adds. 'I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks.' Harry responds before the witch comes back out and taps Dracos shoulder. 'They are ready for you now.' She says before leading the big group of first years through the big doors in front of them.

There comes alot of oohs and aahs and wows from the group.
(Y/N) accidentally trailed away from Draco and ended up standing right beside the freckled ginger boy from earlier. 'Sorry about my brother.' She says, 'He's been excited to get here since we got our letters.' She adds to make it seem less... rude. 'It's fine, I get it.' The boy responds before saying, 'I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley. What was your name again?' He asks, he seems kind. 'Oh, I'm
(Y/N), (Y/N) Malfoy.' She responds shyly, scared of what his response may be. 'Well I think we can get along, as long as you're not like your brother.' Ron answers with a chuckle.

They make it to the top of the great hall and the witch named McGonagall shushes everyone. 'When I call your name you will sit on this stool, I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses.' She shouts before calling out the first name. 'Hermione Granger!' The hat sorts this girl into Gryffindor, 'Draco Malfoy!' The hat sorts (Y/N)'s brother into Slytherin. '(Y/N) Malfoy!' She starts sweating and getting worried as the hat takes its time to sort her. After a while the hat finally shouts something that shocks everyone. 'GRYFFINDOR!!' (Y/N) looks over at her brother who looks upset but still smiles at her. She gets up and sits next to Ron at the table and introduces herself to Harry Potter and Hermione Granger.

'I just can't believe I'm a Gryffindor. My parents are going to be so mad at me when they find out.' (Y/N) states to the trio.

'Draco doesn't seem to care, I'm sure you'll be fine.' Hermione tells her.

'You don't know how my family is.' (Y/N) says, her voice shaking with her words.

(Y/N) and Draco exchange a smile and a nod before leaving the Great Hall to head towards the common rooms.