An Act Of True Love

Now the story really begins with this chapter!

Enjoy!

Bold Italics are for the singing.
Slanted Italics are for thought.
Underlines Italics for duets.
..............

The sound of heavy foorsteps against ice filled the atmosphere as a snow drill plowed through the ice

The sound of heavy foorsteps against ice filled the atmosphere as a snow drill plowed through the ice. Many other drills were plowed into the ice by men at work.

~ Born of cold and winter air 
And moutain rain combining~

Men stabbed long pich forks into the snow to break it apart.

~ This icy force both foul and fair
has a frozen heart worth mining~

A pitchfork stab into the ice and separated it.

~So cut throught the heart , cold and clear~

They pushed the separated piece of ice along. Men stab the pitchforks into ice cubs and shoved them long.

~Strike for love and strike for fear~

A young boy with blonde hair pulled out a carrot and offered his young deer partner. The baby deer's tail wagged as he took a small bite out of the carrot, the boy then took a bite out of the vegetable himself.

~See the beauty , sharp and sheer~

Ice slid onto the frozen surface of the lake and was sliced in half.

~Split the ice apart~

A man used a tool to pull the ice cube out of the water and with great strength onto the lake.

~And break a frozen heart~

Men tinker with a make shift lift , hammering the contraption into the horse pulled cart.

~Hup, ho!

The boy and the deer quickly move out of the way as the men pass by, before marching after them with the heads held high.

~Watch your step
        Let it go~

The boy copies the men as they dip he pulley too into the water and pull the ice pocks unto the frozen lake,grunting with the effort of trying to pull it up as it slips from the toll and back into the icy water. Pouting he looks down at it.

~Hup,ho!
watch your step,
let it go~

Men lift the ice blocks unto their shoulders and begin to carry them towards the cart , while singing.