19. delve into the unknown

⋆ 19

⋆ 19 ⋆

There's a lightness to Arcana's air when Minho and Jisung take their seats in The Elixir's sanctuary of vibrant colors and tangy aromas

Perhaps it's the feeling of Jisung's ever-beating heart on fluffy clouds because the Lee Minho is holding his hand, or maybe it's the fact that every dramatic plot twist of his life has been resolved. Mostly.

As of now, there's no life-threatening curse weighing down on his shoulders and no straining of his brain as he tries (and struggles) to piece together the obscure fragments of Lee Minho: the puzzle.

Now, Jisung's concerns consist of preventing his heart from beating so fast it leaps out of his chest and into the unknown. Minho has pointed out the eternal pink blush that graces his cheeks—albeit very ungracefully—a total of ten times in the span of thirty minutes.

(Thankfully, to spare Jisung's embarrassment, Minho's ears have bloomed bright red since their kiss with no intention of subsiding.)

Minho is first to break the silence, sipping slowly on his drink.

"So."

"So," Jisung replies, a soft, almost nervous smile blossoming on his face. "What do you wanna' talk about?"

"I was hoping you'd have questions, truthfully." Minho shrugs. He scratches the shell of his ear as he continues, "This all must be really confusing for you. Hell, it's even confusing for me sometimes. I want to help... clear some things up, if that makes sense."

"Minho," Jisung laughs. "With all due respect, this isn't an interrogation. I don't really care about you being... y'know, 'not-human'. I want to know you. Like, I dunno', what you like and shit."

"You know what I like!" Minho argues, folding his arms. "I told you, I enjoy reading, swimming, obviously, and I love to dance when I have the time. And, I like cats. And. Um. I like you?"

If anything, Minho's response only causes more damage than repair, with Jisung bursting into a fit of boisterous laughter that catches the attention of The Elixir's customers.