You Are

"You're drunk," Yunjin said, squeezing tighter on Chaewon's hand to keep her from trying to climb a tree they passed.

"I'm high," Chaewon disagreed with a giggle through heavy lidded eyes.

"You're both," Yunjin said, suppressing the smirk creeping into the corners of her mouth. It was a quiet night, surprising for such a crisp Saturday. Chaewon grinned at her.

"This is a great day," Chaewon said softly.

"I'm glad," Yunjin said. She took Chaewon's hand and led her into their dorm, trying to pass the security desk and swipe in as quickly as possible.

Chaewon's sober facade cracked the moment she crossed into her room. Yunjin hardly had the time to close the door behind her before a fit of laughter had Chaewon curled onto her bed.

"I think it's time for you to go to sleep," Yunjin chuckled.

"I don't want to," Chaewon rolled over onto her back to face Yunjin, defiantly.

"Oh no?" Yunjin laughed.

"No. I want to talk."

" You want to talk?" Yunjin asked.

"Mhm." Chaewon hummed. She sat up, pulling up the hem of her half buttoned cardigan until it was stuck covering her face, evidently tangled into her long hair, grunting as she struggled.

"Oh my god, Wonnie," Yunjin laughed, rushing to her side. "What are you doing?"

"It's hot," she said, still trying to shrug her way out of the garment. For a moment, Yunjin watched her, amused and bewildered by the girl she thought she knew. Tonight, it became obvious that she was missing crucial evidence that added up to who Chaewon was as a person. This was another missing piece. Though, now, Yunjin was more confident than ever that in due time, those pieces would be filled. She smirked and grabbed the end of the sweater, pulling it off in one motion. Chaewon smiled breathlessly at her. "Thanks."

"It has buttons, you know," Yunjin said, holding the sweater up to her.

"Fuck buttons," Chaewon laughed, tossing herself back down to the bed. Yunjin sat near her legs, watching as she stretched lazily, letting out a little moan as she arched her back.

"Bed time?" Yunjin asked, trying hard to sound casual.

"Why are you so far away?" Chaewon asked, patting the space next to her with a loud thump.

"I'm not," Yunjin said, forcing a chuckle. Chaewon looked as if she was going to argue, but instead, she sat up and grabbed Yunjin by the shoulders to pull her down next to her. "Wonnie," Yunjin laughed.

"Look, this is so much better," Chaewon said, shifting to make as much room as possible for Yunjin. "See?" They laid inches from each other. Chaewon was flattened, back against the wall, and Yunjin almost felt like telling her to come a little closer. "It's good, right?" Chaewon asked, smiling at her again.

Yunjin couldn't help but smile back, nodding as a cool hand rested on the skin of her waist she hadn't realized was exposed. "What did you want to talk about?" She asked.

"I don't know," Chaewon laughed lightly. "I just didn't want you to go yet."

Yunjin bit back a grin. She wanted to ask something, to get Chaewon to confirm that she meant what she said, that she liked having Yunjin around. It might've been the first time she had ever been in Chaewon's company without feeling like she was intruding, but she wouldn't push anymore. It wouldn't be fair, not when she was sober and Chaewon was a few different types of fucked up. "I never would've pegged you for a cuddler," Yunjin teased, glancing down at the spot where Chaewon had tightened the grip on her waist.