04 | clarity & carnations

MAD HATTER !
( school for good and evil &&& sge!various x reader )

CHAPTER FOUR : clarity & carnations

WHILE THE PRINCESSES AROUND YOU SCRAMBLED in an attempt to better their appearances, your feet remained rooted and your gaze was kept locked onto the ghost of Aggie's reflection.

She left you and spared no time bothering to look back.

Agatha was your sister — in all but blood, yes, but your sister nonetheless. She was your sworn protector, your first and closest friend, as well as your shoulder to lean on, just as you were hers. For years, it was only within each other that you both had found true strength, and that was how it continued to be as the years stretched out.

That was, at least, until a friend in the form of princesses and pink, entered both your lives and made it all the better. Or so you liked to think, at least.

But now, as you were left in the aftershocks of her abandonment, your unblinking gaze misted and behind your silvery eyes, you slowly clicked the connection. You realized then that no matter who you were to her: sister, friend, or whatever else you may be to your Aggie — you were no longer her top priority.

And being yourself, you could completely understand that.

You wholeheartedly understood why she would leave you behind and scurry off to find the true princess amongst you three. The misplaced soul who was likely experiencing a torturous fate you were meant to be in, walking amongst oddities such as yourself, something you know she deemed a purgatory of sorts.

Whilst she wasn't aware, after all, you'd heard every single word she'd muttered in regards to how strange, how loony, and how mad she thought you appeared — how she would proclaim herself the beautiful princess, Agatha the possible witch, and yourself the maddest of all mad hatters in her realm of make-believe and fairytales.

Lost along the trail your mind had wandered, you failed to realize just how far you'd gone. That was the case, at least, until you reached a large theatre arm-in-arm with your newfound friends.

You subtly blinked upon the change of scenery, and even more so upon catching the genuine concern and care that flashed the two princesses' gazes. How odd it was, to catch such looks from individuals bar your dreamland companions. How truly odd.

Nonetheless, as you regained consciousness of your surroundings, you find yourself now in line, sandwiched between the two girls, and heading toward one of the many sparkling pink and blue pews on your side of the immense room.

Each school had its own entrance to the Theater of Tales, which was split into two halves. The west doors opened into the side for the Good students, decorated with the pink and blue pews you were now situated in, shimmering crystal friezes, and glittering bouquets of glass flowers. The latter having caught your fancy, admiring the way it sparkled in the sun, throwing a rainbow of colours in its wake.

You found yourself wondering if the fairies would allow you to pick a few before Agatha sends you on the express flight home. It would make for enchanting flower crowns, after all. Perhaps it would best fit Teddy, giving the image of a rainbow along a warm, summer beach. Or maybe it would suit your Jack Frost impersonator — giving him the inkling of colour his unsaturated colour palette so needed. Or perhaps, you could just request a whole bouquet of them, and weave crowns for all five of your boys and the two girls who'd quickly wormed their way into your monochrome heart.