PROLOGUE

Life was one never-ending summer during those glory days, beginning in 2005 when Shoko Ieiri walked through the doors of Jujutsu High.

Strolling down the corridors, she smoothed her uniform out and straightened up when more peers of her class came into view. It was her third day of her first year there, and she had yet to make small talk and try forming fleeting relationships with her classmates. It wasn't that she was antisocial or anything... all her classmates mostly kept to themselves, and it was hard to initiate conversations when it seemed like she'd be intruding on their personal space.

Shoko took a seat in the middle of her homeroom and sighed. "Ah, this is gonna be harder than I thought..."

Another classmate entered, seating himself diagonally from her. Though she couldn't see his face, she could just make out a manbun on the back of his head and a couple of strands of hair framing the side of his face.

"Is that supposed to be bangs?" Shoko wondered, absentmindedly smiling to herself.

He looked broad shouldered, but that was about all she could make out from her seat. She cradled her face in her hand, resting her elbow on her desk. She debated going up to him to make small talk- there were already so very few students per class, unlike normal schools.

Rising from her seat, Shoko pushed her chair slightly back when someone from behind her called, "Look out!"

Without turning to see who or what was it, she ducked down slightly, watching as a crushed paper ball sailed past her head....

And hit the guy with the bangs square on the forehead just as he turned around in his seat. Shoko grimaced. First day of class, and people were already doing things that could start a quarrel.

The face of the guy with the bangs morphed from momentary surprise to furrowed eyebrows in confusion. "Eh???"

"Sorry," came the voice who had called out to her from behind. He didn't sound one bit sorry. "I was aiming for the dustbin." Now he just sounded amused.

Upon turning to see the recipient of the voice, Shoko was met with the sight of stark white hair like that of snow and startling electric blue eyes- the bluest she'd ever seen. It wasn't normal to have eyes as blue as the ones this boy had. In that moment, they were the only three people in class. She hoped a fight would not break out. Perhaps she should leave to find their homeroom teacher...

***
Author's Note:

So, this is the prologue of 'Somewhere Only We Know.' I'd explain what's going on, but I'm pretty sure you already know :)

🎧 : Alright by Supergrass (trust me, it sets the mood for the
beginning of their story)

Anyways, don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and add this to your library for updates when I post a new chapter (soon)!!!

Happy reading🩵
***