Chapter 6. - Crimson Waltz

CONTENT WARNING

This chapter contains themes that may be distressing to some readers, including:

-Hunger, Torment and Violence

-Power Dynamics

-Existential Angst

-Dark Themes

-Trauma and Memory

Reader discretion is advised.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

(The colour crimson represents ruthlessness, a warning. However, it can also symbolize a passion for something.)

"Then follow me, I know a great place!"

Beneath their metallic strides, the gentle crackle of leaves orchestrated a soft symphony, providing a tranquil backdrop to their conversation. Lunar, the conductor of words, wove a narrative that left an unmistakable hint of annoyance with each uttered syllable, much to the chagrin of the Bloodmoon-Twins.

As Lunar delved into his discourse, he animatedly stepped onto a fallen tree trunk, his movements resembling a child attempting a precarious dance. His arms stretched wide, seeking balance like a tightrope walker navigating the delicate equilibrium of lingering fears. The forest floor became his stage, and the fallen trunk, his impromptu prop. 

"You know," he began, voice carrying a tinge of mischief, "Eclipse once compared you two to uncontrollable monsters, craving nothing but chaos." Lunar's childlike glee contrasted with the ominous undertone of his words, further accentuated by the whimsical ballet on the tree trunk.

"Yes, yes, yes! We are!" Blood echoed, his enthusiasm punctuated by a spirited gesture, while Harvest joined in with a deeper resonance, declaring, "Well, well, well — Sunman finally faces reality! We're not his pets; we're the embodiment of chaos!" Their synchronized declaration echoed through the woods, adding a theatrical flourish to their revelation. 

Lunar, in response, raised a sceptical eyebrow, his eyes darting between the twins and the tree trunk, as if trying to separate their voices physically. His facial expression transformed into a silent dance of confusion, a visual representation of his struggle to decipher the enigmatic duo before him.

Lunar's curiosity surged like a relentless tide, compelling him to demand answers as he sought the truth about the twins' existence. With an abrupt energy, he harnessed the strength in his legs, executing a swift arc that sent him soaring into the air, leaving the tree trunk behind. He embraced the sensation of weightlessness, finding solace in the undulating currents that caressed him like gentle hugs. His cloak, once a shield, now hung loosely, allowing the open air to envelope him, awakening a profound yearning for freedom.

In the suspended moments between ascent and descent, Lunar grappled with a paradox. The freedom he sought was tangible, yet elusive. There were times when he felt ensnared, as if bound within an invisible cage. The haunting question of why lingered, its answer dancing just out of reach. 

As the inquiry pressed insistently, the answer, like an unwelcome guest, was abruptly dismissed. It retreated, as if forcefully held back by some unseen force, leaving Lunar suspended in the complex dance between the desire for answers and the enigmatic constraints that held him captive. The emotional undertones of his internal struggle painted a vivid picture of a character torn between curiosity and the unspoken weight of his own existence.