Starblush Synopsis

Trust is one of the most important fundamentals of any relationship, and that is no different with blood bound relations. For who could you trust if not your own family?

J.C. is not her real name, and not even a hand full of people know who she really is or where she came from.

Her upbringing was that of any werewolf who was the first born child to an alpha of a strong and honourable pack, and she was respected and loved by her pack mates from a young age as she was the next in line to become alpha. Her parents were strong and noble wolves, her younger twin brothers were annoying, but which little brothers aren't. They looked up to their big sister and future alpha. Though her father was a stern alpha and feared by all who did not know him personally, her mother made up for his serious nature with her kind kindred spirit, they were the perfect mated pair, most kickass alpha couple, and the best parents any pup could wish for.

J.C.'s life was normal, she was normal, she knew her place in society and the pack from her first breath, she had a fiercely protective family that she could always count on and one of the most feared packs who would always defend her and counted on her to lead them one day. But no pack could protect her heart from a seemingly innocent lie. Her mother was her mother... but her father was not her father. Her family, her pack had lied to her all her life. She was not the daughter of the man who had raised her as his own, her parents had lied to her. She was simply the product of a cruel breeding project to which her mother fell victim of. Faced with undeniable evidence, and her parents' insistent denials, she struck out into the world.

Wanting truth, feeling betrayed, and just wanting to get away from all the lies, J.C. hoped that she could outrun her troubles, and maybe just maybe discover the identity of her real father along the way. This all came to a halt when hunters crossed her path and a young future alpha named Atlas saves her life.

It is in Atlas's pack that she found a home, not one bound by blood but by deserved trust and strength. Years later, as the now beta to her savior alpha, J.C. has worked hard and earned much respect from her adopted pack, as she had grown into a lethal and powerful she wolf with unusual strength and a natural knack for brutality, with a gentle heart that only those she considers family get to see. She had run far and came a long way, however she could not outrun the trauma the hunters had imprinted on her, or the mark of her family's betrayal on her very identity. There is a darkness in her that she cannot quite explain, something that is not quite.. wolf.. Something is eating her up from the inside out and bringing her to her knees, even if no one can see it. Is it the trauma of her past catching up with her, is it the never-ending gnawing question of who her father is? Is it something darker? Should she maybe really be asking "what" her father is?

In a society akin to that of a supernatural mafia co-operation, war is brewing and J.C.'s pack will need to pray that their beta will be able to defend them against what is coming and protect their alpha. J.C. will need to face her deepest demons – the question is— is her strength and brutality, the very things that gets her in so much trouble, enough to save the ones she loves? Or is there a much more real snake hiding in her shadows....