Ch.6

You are determined to get out of this mess. To get out of this barrier. You would try to make those stairs again but your powers have weakened. But you NEED to try. You start from the basics again. Making small sculptures. Fishes. Simple. Easy.

You start to gradually make bigger and bigger things. Eventually making a box about 1/5 of your hight. What if you make a ton of these boxes and build your own staircase! This way you don't need to make one big sculpture.

You get to work.

Back at the village the storm is still happening. The waters turning into ice. Which means less food and less water. The people are turning so cold they are getting sick. The tsahik is not able to care for all of them. Many are unfortunately on their last breath. You wouldn't have thought a storm would do this.

As you're building the staircase with the ice blocks you hear groaning and movement in the bushes beside your cave.
Out emerges Aonung! Wait...AONUNG?! What is here doing here again!?

"Y/N!" He calls out your name as he takes a thorn out of his hand. Ouch.... You places your last block and are out of the fence. "Aonung , what are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here!" You say looking around to see if anyone followed him. "I came to rescue you!" He says proudly as he puts his hands on his hips and sticks out his chin a little bit. Like he is proud. "Aonung I don't need saving." You say as you walk away throwing a little snow out of your hand in his face. He quickly wipes it off. "Hey!" You hear him and laugh a little to yourself.

"We need your help." Aonung briefly says. You turn around quickly and raise an eyebrow. "Who is we?" You question. "The village, many are on their last breath. Please help us. We can't keep living like this any longer." That sentence alone almost makes you want to shed a tear. "Aonung I don't know how I can help you." You say and his facial expression saddens. "But I can try". You say and his face immediately lights up. "You can?..". He asks you. "I will try Aonung, I care for you. I care for my village." You say looking into his eyes.

"Come." You say quickly as you get to the nearest body of water leading to the village. You think of a boat big enough for you two and you...make it!. You quickly smile to yourself and get in. "Hop on." You say to Aonung and he obliges. As soon as he gets in you think of ores and they shoot out into the water and you grab them
Het gets in and you talk for a while. The sun starts setting and you still haven't made it. So you tell him to lay on your lap as you steer with one hand
You sing to him to get him to sleep. "Where the north wind...meets the sea. There's a river. Full of memory." You sing quietly stroking his hair.
"Sleep, my darling safe and sound. For in this River all will be found." You say paddling with one hand.
"In the waters, deep and true. Lie the answers and a path for us." You see the village from very far away.
"Dive down deep into my sound...but not too far or you'll be drowned.."
You say as a warning.
"Yes, I will sing to those who hear and in my song, all magic flows.."
"But can I face..what I most fear."
"Can I face what Eywa knows.." you start questioning yourself
You see birds fly over you.
"Where the north wind...meets the sea."
"There was a mother, full of memory..."
You're starting to imagine things. You see a woman in the far with her hands out. As you get closer it looked like...your mother?
"Come my darling homeward bound." You hear the woman sound exactly like your mother. You forget all about Aonung and get closer.
"When all is lost....all is found." You say to yourself.
You're right at the beginning of the island when you lose all your thoughts to Aonung voice." Are we there yet?" You hear him say. And you turn to him
"Yes. Yes we are.." you say quietly, confused on where the woman went.