ch. thirty eight

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT . . .
. . . REUNION !

Green eyes widened upon recollection, the koi fish in front of her moving at a slow tempo. Ms. Oda kindly offered to show her around the home, specifically the back where a nice garden resided. Although winter was overcasting its beauty, Miran would agree it was the prettiest sight she's bestowed. The fluff of snow sprinkled all around, and lights dimmed, almost making the scenery ethereal. It was the same sight she saw several years ago, alongside Toji. She never got the chance to see it up close since they were in a rush... but Miran still remembers the deep disappointment she felt.

So for the first time in a long while, she genuinely smiled widely, her eyes shining, staring in awe. Miran followed Oda around the garden, the black cat right behind them.

 Miran followed Oda around the garden, the black cat right behind them

Oda spoke, "I always make sure to keep this place in perfection."

"It looks the same," Miran whispers, loud enough that Oda's ears perked up. She tilted her head, surprised, "You've been here before?"

"Yes, several years back." Miran didn't know what else to say, her eyes still fixated on the koi fish. As an attempt to converse, and with genuine curiosity, she asked with dotted eyes, "Ms. Oda, I um- what's happening?" The older woman let out a huff of cool air, fanning her face, "As a guest, I am inclined to show you around with respect Ms. Fushiguro. You should know that. It's rude for servants to ignore any house guest."

She's lying.

Miran's eyes narrowed, she could tell Oda wasn't telling the entire truth, the waver of her tone setting off alarms. Miran knew lies too well. She could remember the countless times she's been lied to, the countless times she's had to lie. It didn't affect her as much, but it did teach her to notice it and create it.

"No, that's not it."

The woman turned towards the girl, her eyes widening briefly before sighing, putting her fanning hand down, "I am curious that all, Master Gojo's never brought anyone here."

"I'm his friend from Jujutsu High."

"I know, Fushiguro Miran. Every Clan head and servant knows that name. You've gained quite a harsh reputation," The woman sat down on the stoned porch, a subtle smirk appearing, "Did you know Master Gojo's mother left when he was eight, never to be seen again, as servants had to hold the burden in raising him? Then he jumped up and left us, that brat."

Miran stilled, her eyes scanning the woman next to her, nothing hinting at her if she was lying. Her brows furrowed, eyes narrowed a little at the boastful lady.

Why is she telling me this?

His mother left...?

The woman kept on, rolling her eyes, "His father never gave a damn about him, he now just waits for the day he could throw the boy his title and run off-"