13-Black

Isabella's POV:

"Love? Bella?" I heard Deangelo whisper out to me while softly shaking me. My eyes fluttered halfway open, way too tired to fully open my eyes.

"Yes?" I groaned.

"It's time for brecky. Then on our way to my castle." He reminded me with a hesitant smile. I really don't want to wake up this early but he seems so happy. I don't want to crush his spirits. I closed my eyes again and threw my head back in annoyance. I let out an exasperated grunt before sitting up and throwing the comforter off my body. Goddess that warmth, I want it back so badly.

"Okay. Let's go." I exclaimed in a chippy voice catching him off guard as his face changed from sad to confused. I stood up and walked downstairs with Deangelo following closely behind. No need to get dressed now, I'll just come up and get washed after I eat.

Deangelo soon caught up with me and grabbed my hand. I looked up at him and smiled, getting a smile in return. We made it to the dining hall and was met by a full hall. As we walked to the buffet table, everyone would bow their heads to the two of us.

"Bwella!" I heard a chorus of happy children scream. I turned to my left and saw two little male pups, Jordan and Jonah, running up to us. I kneeled down and opened my arms for them to run into.

"Hi guys! How are you?" I asked once I wrapped my arms around them and scooped them up.

"We're good! Mama's taking us to the movies tonight!" Jordan stated.

"You and Luan should come!" Jonah excitedly offered up. I chuckled at his excitement. Kids always make me smile.

"I would love to, but Luan and I are going on a vacation to his parents' home." Their faces quickly fell as I felt the excitement leave their bodies.

"Oh. Okway." Jonah mumbled out.

"But," I turned to see Deangelo had joined us. He took Jordan out of my arms before continuing. "We can come eat with you guys now and when we come back, we'll take you guys to wherever you want to go!" The boy's faces lit up as I'm sure a bunch of different ideas ran through their heads.

"Sound like a deal?" I asked.

"Yes!" They both yelled out before wiggling out of our arms and running to their seats. I giggled at their excitement and walked back in line for food. Waiting with a plate in hand, I felt Deangelo wrap his arms around my waist and kiss my head.

"You're so wonderful with kids. It really warms my heart. With any luck, we'll have our own vamping around here." I stayed quiet. This topic was something sensitive for me and I don't think I'm ready to discuss it with him just yet. The line moved up and so did I hoping to end the conversation.

After I got my food, we made our way to the table the Kandel family occupied. We talked with the family and planned our day with the boys with their parents approval. After a quick breakfast, we excused ourselves and made our way up to my room.

"Hey. Which car are we taking?" Deangelo asked me as I went to brush my teeth. I decided to mindlink since I was in the midst of cleaning the gunk from my mouth.

"I don't know. We can do a sports car, an expensive show-off car, or a reliable SUV." I listed off for him.

"Maybe a show-off car. It's the vamp kingdom, it's all about showing off." He explained. "I also didn't pack anything for me. So it's all your stuff." I spit the toothpaste out and rinsed my mouth out with my mouthwash.

"Okay. Sounds good." I responded while walking into my room to look at him.

"I'm going to take the bags into the car. I'll leave a small suitcase for any last minute stuff such as hygienic stuff." Deangelo said, walking up to me and kissed my cheek.