7. Pick up

it was the next morning after i had seen Abhiraj

it was the next morning after i had seen Abhiraj. I was getting Aadhya ready when a notification came up on my screen .

Abhiraj- good morning

it was our first conversation after exchanging numbers with each other and i did not want to send a dumb reply and i cannot leave him on seen too right so i decided to play it casual.

Anayya-good morning

Abhiraj- you woke up already? its quite early.

Anayya- yes i did, infact not only me but aadhya also. I am getting her ready.

Abhiraj- do you mind if i call you i just want to talk to aadhya once

Anayya-ya sure

it had not been a second since i sent him the reply and my phone was ringing. I called aadhya to grab her attention from some unicorn hairband she was looking at.This girl is obsessed with flowers and unicorns. I mean even i am obsessed with flowers. Its such a nice gesture for people to gift each other flowers but unfortunately in twenty four years of my life j had not once received flowers. So to make aadhya not feel like that i regularly try to buy her flowers.

"hi aadhya, papa here"

" hiiii papa"

" aadhya tell me four of your favourite things"

" umm kyu papa and why should i tell them to you" she gave a sassy reply to which she earned a glare from me and a chuckle from him

"Well i am your papa right so i think i should know a few of your favourite things "

"yup sach, papa i like flowers i mean any kind of flowers even those weird tilted ones but my favourite are ..... mumma what is the name of the flower you buy me ?"

(Sach-true)

"white roses"

"Yes white roses papa, mumma likes them so even i like them. And i like unicorn, chocolates and squishy toys and do you know.........."

Aadhya continued to blabber about each of her favourite things for ten minutes straight but not once did he stop her or act as if he was not listening. He kept on acting surprised and made constant comments on her blabbering. I decided to let them talk while i get ready . I came out of the bath and they were still talking. I was brushing my hair when i finally heard Aadhya stop and he told her to give the phone to me .

"Aadhya is really good with her words anayya"

"ji"

" i am going to drop abhi off to shcool do you want me to pick you?"

" nahi its fine"

"okay and maa said that she is sending a pandit over to your house to finalise the date for the wedding. She has informed your uncle and aunt too"

"okay do i need to be there?"

" nahi maa said its fine"

"okay, bye abhiraj"

"bye anayya"

This is how the next ten days were for us . Wedding date had been decided for two months from now in December. Every morning he would talk to aadhya for half an hour patiently listening to her and talk to me for maximum two minutes asking the same question before i would bid him goodbye. Today was infact the tenth day and our morning had been a little different.

i made aadhya sit on the passenger seat while I went to sit on the driving seat. I put the keys and and tried to start the car, but this time it didn't  start, and I was going to book a cab when I thought to ask Abhiraj. I called him when he picked up.

"hi, by any chance could you pick me up,my car broke down"

"hi yeah sure I could pick you up. I was just leaving to drop Abhi"

In the next ten minutes Abhiraj was here in his range rover with Abhimann sitting in the front seat. Both of them got out and waved to us with greetings. We did the same but the only difference was aadhya waving enthusiastically.

"I have called the mechanics to come and fix your car"

" oh thank you soo much"

He smiled and directed towards the car indicating that we should now leave. I nodded and went to the backseat to sit but was stopped by Abhiraj

"Why would you sir behind? You can sit in the front seat"

"isnt abhimann sitting there?"

"Abhi is going to shift to the backseat"

"Oh okay"

I was going to open the door when suddenly Abhiraj's palm grabbed it open for me and very swiftly took all the bags i had in my hand into his and closed the door once i sat down with aadhya.
He went to keep the bags inside the boot and came in and sat inside the car. He asked aadhya if she wants to listen to some songs to which aadhya quickly nodded.

He connected his phone and gave it to aadhya to play anything she wants. Aadhya being aadhya played some baby rhymes and started singing them loudly. After three minutes a male teenage voice also started singing it which was no one but abhimann. He asked me if he could take aadhya with him to the backseat to apparently "vibe to some cool music" in his words. I nodded and passes aadhya carefully to him .

For the whole ride they spent "vibing" to it while i decided to take a good look of abhiraj. His veins were popping  out of his hands while it was kept lazily on his lap. His sharp jawline and dark brown eyes got me staring at them for how long even i dont know until he turned his face to look at me and caught me staring at him. He smirked while i quickly turned my face away.

We reached school and abhimann gave aadhya to me and ran away to his classroom after saying "bye bhabhi". Abhiraj parked his car and walked with me to drop aadhya off. We reached her classroom and i bent on my knees to give her a kiss on the cheek which she returned. She hesitantly tapped on abhiraj's hand signalled him to bend down.

He followed the instructions aadhya gave and went on his knees when suddenly aadhya kissed his cheek and stood there . He was taken aback and was just staring at her with a smile on her face until aadhya said

"wont you give me a kiss too?"

he smiled more and that smile melted my heart as if i could see it the entire day and not get bored. He lightly kissed aadhya's cheek and told her

"bye aadhya please tell me if anyone is troubling you"

Aadhya nodded and ran away while shouting

"Bye papa and mumma"

Abhiraj nodded and waved his hand and as she was inside i told him bye too which he returned and we went out ways.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.

I actually am not fond of this chapter so tell me your opinions too. I might edit it