1

Closing your eyes, you concentrated hard. Furrowing your brows as you felt the earth beneath your palms. Trying to reach out to the force.

Feel the force. Feel it through the planet, through your body. Influence it. Leia's wise voice echoed through your head.

It's more difficult than you think. You thought. Jumping down from the rock you were perched on

"Y/N." Leia smiled, "You're getting there." Her voice was proud.

You shrugged, "It's difficult for me...I don't know why."

General Organa chuckled, "Trust me. When I was training with my brother, Luke, it took me a while to get the hang of it as well."

You smile, feeling a warm glow in your chest.

"Practice makes perfect." Leia smiled.

You agreed feeling a surge of guilt stumble through her.

"What's wrong?" Leia asked.

"I just...there's a war. And...people every day are dying at the hands of the first order. The Resistance is struggling as it is....and I'm here. Training. Practicing. I should be out there, fighting. You know I'm a good pilot."

Leia smiled, "I know child. I believe that's all the training you need for the day. Let's head back to base. Maybe Poe is finally healed after his encounter with the first order."

"How bout Finn?" You ask.

"How about you ask him when we get there." She smiled kindly, "BB-8 is still being repaired. We can check on his status."

You tapped the silver hilt of your lightsaber attached to a large belt around your waist. "What about the map? The one he has? To Luke?" You say. You yourself hadn't seen the map...well...that's a lie. When you first met BB-8 he was very malfunctioned, the map glimpsed out at you a few times. Though you couldn't make that much sense of it. Especially when it was flashing so fast.

"We will see it when he is repaired. But we need to be in a safe location. We can't let the First Order get their hands on that map."

She looked around at the trees around them. Then back at the direction of the base.

"All in good time. The war isn't won in a simple moment."

You laughed, "If only it was that easy."

------------------------------------------------------------------

On the walk back to base you balance your lightsaber in your hands. You were always fascinated by these things when you were a little girl.

The bright blue glow fills your vision as you lifted rocks using the force and swung the saber through the air, making them vanish and disintegrate in a flash.

Entering the Resistance base Poe fell into step beside you. His lip was split and he had a bruise under his eye. But other than that he seemed alright.

"How's BB?" You ask.

"As good as he can be. Still being repaired. His antenna is all messed up." Poe responded with a playful tone of voice.

Finn joined them, "The first order attacked another village." His voice was angry and filled with dread and guilt.

You put a soft hand on his shoulder. "We will stop them."

I think....

"I sure hope so." He responded. Quickly changing the subject, "Done with training for the day?" He asked.

Poe cut in, "Are you a master Jedi yet?! Can you feel the FORCE!" He said moving his fingers.

You hit his shoulder as he laughed. "I'm trying." You sigh, "I can't really connect to the force. I mean...I can. I can do simple things you know. Like lift rocks and random things but I haven't made a deep...connection...you know?"

"Not really."

You smiled, "But yes I'm finished for the day. I think I may go out later and practice more. I think I need to be alone and really try and focus harder. I may get there."

"We know you will." Finn smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------
(Later)

The day was growing darker and the sky was bright orange as the suns moved farther west.

Moving to the edge of the forest, a few miles beyond the Resistance base you walked.
You made your way higher and higher uphill until you reached a stopping point. The sky was a dark purple and pink. You took a seat between two large trees and closed your eyes slowly.

Come on....please....be with me...

Your palms pressed against the rocky dirt ground beneath you.

You could feel the flow of energy beneath you, flowing through your fingertips. Begging to be released. The force-

A russel in the trees startled you. Standing quickly and ignighting your lightsaber you prefer through the trees around you. A bird cawed and flew above you, shaking the leaves on the trees. Blowing a sign of relief u looked down at your lightsaber. Placing it back on ifs hilt and glancing up at the sky.

Wait...

Something was wrong. Or....something was happening. A hummmmm echoed through your ears. The force...

Confused, you looked around...slowly scanning the area. And then-

Standing before you was...

Kylo Ren.

Your breathing quickened. What..? Was this a dream of some sort? A vision? Or was that...him? How?!

His mask glowed in the setting sunlight. His gaze settled on you. Both just standing...staring.

Is this real?

You grabbed your lightsaber, igniting it and holding it before you. Rens mask tilted down. He cocked his head, as if studying you.

The hell? Whats he doing..? Is he doing this? Or am I just crazy?

"Who are you?" He spoke, his voice grainy and muffled as a deep sound coming from his mask. How can he breathe in that thing...Let alone see?

You stood your ground, still unsure of this was real. "I could ask you the same."

His hooded head turned to face behind him. "Can you see my souroundings? I can't see yours."

You looked behind at the trees around you.

"Just you." A shiver ran down your spine as he spoke.

You should attack him should try and fight him. Maybe die trying. He was a sith lord after all. And far taller and stronger. Why the hell wasn't he attacking you?

"You can't be doing this the effort would kill you." He said. Looking at your lightsaber.

"Jedi?" He asked.

"More or less."

He took a step to the right, you moved left. "Hm..."

"Y/N!!!" Poe's voice echoed through the trees. You turned, glancing in his direction away from the sith lord. When she looked back...he was gone.

Unlighting your lightsaber you turn to Poe,

"What is it?!". Did he see Ren?

"New information from the first order! Come quick!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: hope whoever reads this enjoys!❤️😂