6

Fuck.

What the actual fuck.
This wasn't real, I was either hallucinating, dreaming or dead and finally reached the afterlife.
The afterlife being some sort of hell apparently.

I didn't turn around, I couldn't.
I knew that voice anywhere, I had heard it whisper words like poetry against my lips and I had heard it shout with anger so hot I still had burns.

"Thea?" He said.
He said my name like he always did, the way that had been able made me like my name again.
Only now I hated my name more, I wished to rip it from his mouth or at least hoped he would choke on it.

"What?" I asked even though I didn't want an answer.
I expected a smirk to be nailed to his perfect face, or any kind of prideful expression for that matter.
I expected a face that said "I won, I'm alive and beat every last one of you into nothing."
But I was met with something else entirely.
His soft eyes were the first thing I saw when I mustered the strength to turn to face him.
Those eyes were his weakness for they managed to betray his secrets, it was the only part of him that couldn't lie; that's why they were the first part of him I fell for.
He looked on the brink of tears, his mouth agape and body was as limp as it could be while still standing.

"You're dead." He said barely breathing, stumbling over the words for a second before speaking them fluently. "I saw you die."

"Yeah, I'm dead." I smiled meekly, looking away to stare at anything else in the McCall dining room.

"How—" his voice was broken between shallow breaths, not being able to finish his sentence.

I shrugged. "Long story short: you got me killed, I have demon blood in me and dying completed some sort of transformation ritual and now... here I am."

He seemed so broken and not just from seeing me—it was like me being alive pushed him of some cliff of sanity, but in all honesty he wasn't all that sane to begin with.

I stepped closer to him, one slow foot in front of the other until I made a swerve around him, walking to the boy just behind him.

"I know this seems bad—" Liam said in a voice a tad higher than usual.

"Seems?" I chuckled but it came out broken, sounding on the verge of somewhat crazy but before I could go all 'bad cop' on him an animalistic growl brawled it way from Malia's chest as I heard a body hit the ground.

Malia landed hit after hit onto Theo's face as she pinned him to the ground in a straddle.
I just watched.
No joy. No guilt. No shame. No relief.
She clawed at his face, still growling like a rabid animal.

"It's okay." He mumbled weakly, "you don't have to stop."

"Trust me—I won't." She snarled and
I still did nothing.

"Malia stop!" Scott scolded, ripping her from Theo's defeated form.

"I guess your still mad about the whole me shooting you thing." Theo managed a chuckle between his ragged breathing and coughing.

"I hope you realize it's taking all of my strength to not tear you in half right now." Scott said with tone I was not used to hearing from him before he met his gaze with Liam. "He's going back into the ground."

"You can't." He told Scott. "He remembers Stiles."

"Scott remembers Stiles. Lydia and I remember Stiles." Malia said furiously as Scott kept a tight grip on her upper arm.

"The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt."  Liam continued. "He can help us."

"Or, he could kill us." Scott spoke exasperatedly, sending a look of uncertainty Liam's way.

"He's my responsibility. Noshiko gave me the sword."

"You both are right." Hayden interjected, knowing that the conversation between Scott and Liam was going nowhere. "If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers. But, for right now..."

He shook his head. "He goes back now."

"Except Liam's the one with the sword..." Theo said with a hint of a smile.

"Shut up!" Everyone shouted simultaneously, everyone but me.

Scott grabbed Liam by the wrist and pulled him upstairs to talk privately, leaving me, Malia, Lydia, Hayden, and Theo downstairs.
I guessed that he forgot that all but one of us had super hearing.

"Malia..." Hayden said cautiously.

"Can you give me a second alone with Theo?" She responded as she glared daggers into Theo.

"Why?" She asked in the same cautious tone.

"So I can kill him."

"Okay, look—." Theo chuckled nervously as he shuffled backwards, still sat on the ground. "I know that there's mixed feelings all around, but I might be your only option to stop the Wild Hunt."

"Im not entirely above killing him," I finally spoke, locking eyes with Theo. He looked actually hurt by what I had to say, far more hurt than when Malia ripped into his face moments ago. "but we need him if we want to get Stiles back."

"He shot me!" Malia groaned with her class drawn, ready to attack.

"You really want to go there with me?" I began in a sad laugh as I began walking out of the room. "If I can suppress the urge to go ballistic on him so can you."

"Where are you going." Lydia asked, walking over to me.

"Home." I answered truthfully.

"Why?" She continued to follow me out the door.

"Because I want to be away from all this." I sighed, coming to a stop on the front porch.

"What was the point of coming here today if you're just going to leave." She said in a tone too harsh for my liking.

"Maybe I just thought you were my friends and I wanted to see you all. Well, not you, I wanted to see everyone else. I'm still pissed about middle school."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, Lydia. You were a bully, I get that you've grown into a better person now but you've never once tried to make amends with me or the other people you were horrible to."

Bringing up middle school was a low blow, but I deserved that much for how she treated me.
I guess I couldn't help but hold grudges.

"Whatever." She muttered "Just don't get yourself killed."

"Already dead, remember?" I shouted back as I walked off, headed for the nearest bus stop.