Chapter 3

"Venti, that's your 3rd bottle already. You should stop." Diluc sighed, holding onto the bottle Venti took early on. This bard may be the Anemo Archon, one of the Sevens, but he sure is a drunkard. Diluc sometimes wondered how Venti became one of the Sevens, but it's best to leave it as it is.

"Come on now, Master Diluc! I'm still waiting for a friend here." Venti chuckled, twirling his wine cup.

"Sigh, whatever you say." Diluc groaned, cleaning the table until his patrons finished drinking. Venti smiles at the redhead, proud of how far he has gone for his family.

"Master Diluc, I'm sure you remembered of your childhood, yes?" Venti asked, leaning his head on the table. Diluc thought a bit before nodding his head.

"Why do you ask, Venti?" He asked, still respecting the Anemo Archon. Venti sighs, playing his lyre as he sang his song.

"You were such a child back then, full of energy and life. Haven't I wish to give you a chance to reconcile with Kaeya, but alas. Master Diluc, how do you really feel about Master Kaeya?"

Diluc stops his actions as Venti's words go through his mind. He did think about it. But, he knew nothing about his feelings. All he knows is that he still cares for Kaeya, even if the past hurts.

"I still care about him." Diluc said simply, but Venti knew more. He chuckles, knowing that Diluc has conflicted feelings about his relationship with Kaeya.

"Two children, each a side of a coin. One is full of life, and the other stays in the shadows. To think that you two switched sides as you both grew up... I miss seeing you two together like before." Venti smiled sadly. His lyre plays a soft melody that brings sadness yet comfort to the hearts of the listeners.

Diluc could tell that Venti is trying to tell him something, but he's unsure. The only thing he knows is that it has to do between him and Kaeya. What could Kaeya really hid from him that Venti knew?

Soon enough, Kaeya walks into the tavern tiredly. His eyes show clear signs of fatigue as he sits next to Venti. Venti smiles gently and caresses Kaeya's head, who lays it down on the table. Diluc sighs and is about to serve Kaeya his usual before he is interrupted by the man himself.

"No wine, I just want some tea, please." He asked. Diluc was a bit surprised, but he serves it up anyway.

"That's the first time... is everything okay?" Diluc asked, now feeling concerned about Kaeya.

"Just some hilichurl camps and... stuff..."

Kaeya fell asleep on the counter, tired to open his eyes. It reminded Diluc when he was at the Favonious Quarters. He's the one who's tired, and yet Kaeya helped him throughout the day.

"Venti, I'm gonna close the tavern early." Diluc said, cleaning everything else in the meantime. Venti nods and walks away, along with the other patrons. After they all left, Diluc carries Kaeya over his shoulder and lays him down on a bed at the Dawn Winery. Kaeya stirred in his sleep as he got comfortable on the bed.

"Kaeya, you can take off your suit." Diluc sighs and takes out some clothes that should help Kaeya in his sleep, but Kaeya is sleeping like a log. Diluc decided to take his feathery coat and tight uniform off, leaving him with a baggy white shirt and tights.

Diluc stares at Kaeya for a while. At that moment, he can feel his heart beating ever so slightly. Kaeya's presence was only for a short while and yet... it brings some sort of joy in his heart. Diluc caressed Kaeya's head gently and slowly started to smile.

"Kaeya, you have no idea how much I've missed our times. I wish I was there but I was so angry... I'm so sorry, Kaeya. I never hate you, never once."

Diluc sighs and walks out of the room, leaving Kaeya to continue his deep slumber as if there's no tomorrow. But... he did hear Diluc's words. Kaeya smiles in his sleep, feeling more at peace together.

"I miss you, Diluc..."

It was the one thought Kaeya had in his head.

The next day, Kaeya finally woke up from his deep slumber. Good thing today is his day off. He ended up sleeping until 12 in the afternoon. He immediately grabbed his coat and other clothing before rushing downstairs, only to see Adeline serving some food on the table. She smiled at Kaeya and offered him a seat.

"Come here, I've made your favourites." She smiled happily, obvious that she loves having Kaeya over. Kaeya felt guilty, but hurting Adeline's heart and hard work were never on his list in his life. He sat down and was surprised by the amount Adeline had made for him.

"Ah, Captain Kaeya... I miss serving you meals." She smiled, pouring some apple juice for Kaeya.

"Adeline, you made too much again." Kaeya joked, enjoying Adeline's presence. Kaeya has always seen Adeline more than just a maid. If anything, Adeline is like a mother figure to him. She has always been there for Kaeya and Diluc ever since they were kids and often cares for them whenever the late master Crepus was busy.

"Is it wrong for me to spoil you with my cooking, Kaeya?" She smiled gently. Kaeya smiled as well before finishing his food. Adeline cleans the table before smiling at him.

"You're the one who sent those letters, don't you?" She asked, looking at him with an 'I know' face. Kaeya smiled at her as well.

"As suspected, you found out first." He looked up and sighed.

"Promise you won't tell him yet?" He requested, looking at her lovingly.

"I promise."

Adeline gives him a smile. Kaeya smiles at her back, happy she's accepting to keep it a secret for him. He's truly grateful for her services and kindness.

"I'll be off now, thank you, Adeline." He smiled before walking towards the door. Adeline smiled back and waved her hand.

"Stay safe, Kaeya."

Both didn't realise that Diluc was there a few minutes before Kaeya left.

"What secret are they keeping from me?"