Chapter 2

I opened the letter. It was a birthday party invitation from my friend Alyssa. It read, Alyssa's birthday party on Saturday the 15, at 37 emogurl street, at 1:30.
Okay. I'm not going to that. Although Alyssa was her friend, she did not like going to her party's. Alyssa would just end up inviting a bunch of boys over. Alyssa is a MASSIVE pick me girl. It drives me crazy. I put the invitation in my backpack and headed to gym.

When I got there my gym teacher, Mr. Smith was taking attendance. I ran over to my spot in line. Luckily, Mr. Smith had not gotten to my spot yet. I stood in line while I waited. I noticed that a lot of girls had blue in their hair. Hmm. I wonder why?
Today we were going to the exercise room. As usual, all the boys run as fast as they can to the treadmills, and then put the speed higher than they're supposed to. I went into the room next to the exercise room, to do Just Dance. But when I walked in there, Alyssa was in there. I walked inside, knowing what was about to happen. "Hi Scarlet!! Did you get my invitation? Are you coming? I hope you do!" she asked excitedly. I sighed and walked over to her. "I'm sorry, I can't come. I'm busy that day." I told her. She frowned and asked, "Why? I'm pretty sure you said that last year, and the year before that." As I struggled to come up with an excuse, the song started. I just said, "Sorry."
The dance was coming to an end. As we were dancing I saw that Alyssa also had blue in her hair. Should I have blue in my hair?
The bell rang for third period. I walked back to class. Alyssa didn't walk back with me today. Instead she went to find her friend, Erica. Whatever. She can do whatever she wants. I don't really like her anyway. But at the same time, Scarlet couldn't help feeling bad. Alyssa had been her friend since second grade. She used to always go to her parties. But now... well, Alyssa isn't the same person she used to be.
Third period flew by really fast. I got my things and headed to lunch. When I got there, everyone was staring at me, like I did something wrong.
        Then, Alyssa walked up to me.
         "I know you were lying. Explain yourself."