Roles To Play

When Miho opened her eyes, it was already morning.
She rubbed her eyelids gently before yawning, noticing a presence near her.

"Good, you're awake."

She blinked at the guy owlishly.

"Don't lay there like a log. Get ready fast, we'll be leaving soon."

Boruto murmured sharing a look at her as he proceeded with packing his stuff for the day after he made a double check at his weapon pouch.

"Good Morning to you too. "

Miho shot back annoyingly earning no response.

They were short on water, and a few medicinal supplies, Boruto noted, deciding to refill their stock in one of the nearby villages.

Despite the hurry, he gave the girl her time. Once he was convinced that they were ready to leave, he lifted Miho again, jumping from branch to branch.

"Do we really have to do it this way? I have legs you know."

If anything,  she wanted to at least walk on her own. She hated relying on people,  let alone being saved by one.
And a shinobi over that.

"First, it is way faster than us both walking. Second, you're injured and can't move properly,  we need to stop by someplace before entering the border."

Boruto peered sharply at the way ahead, keeping his senses on alert before he added slowly.

"And there might be more rogues around this area, so we need to be careful ."

They continued for a while as the day brightened. There was a small village nearby, Boruto recalled.

He's been there with Sasuke before a few times. The place didn't have an official name. Although people in his line of work called it "The Checkpoint".

The residents mostly relied on general business and utility stores for a livelihood.  It wasn't particularly a tourist place.

Once they arrived at the said place Boruto immediately began to stock essentials. He left Miho in a small restaurant which was nearly empty, so it was safe.

It was a rather pricey place compared to its competitors,  hence it never attracted customers.

Although when he returned , he didn't expect the girl to be surrounded by a few  citizens at the dining table. A middle aged couple and a young woman.

He alerted himself immediately, before recognising the familiar faces.

"So that's how you can maximise the revenue per quarter–"

"What are you doing?" He confronted, sitting next to her on an empty chair.

"Here, I've written everything down. You can refer to this later."

Miho nodded before smiling at the three as they took the note she was handing out and left.

"What were you doing ?" Boruto repeated his question.

"I was giving him some business tips. This place is nice and all , but they need to adjust their prices a bit."

"And they just listened to you?" Boruto asked calmly rubbing his finger tips on the table in a circular motion.

"For your kind knowledge, I'm the daughter of a known businessman across the 5 nations,  of course  they would liste–"

Her sentence was cut short before Boruto slammed his fist on to the table harshly causing a loud thud.

"Do you understand what you're doing?" He whisper-yelled.

"If it isn't already clear enough to you, your life is in constant danger right now, bragging about your father's status to  strangers is the last thing you should do right now."