Chapter 19: Rescuing Sangah-unnie! ...And that old geezer, I guess.

"Hyung! This..." Gilyoung let out a gasp of surprise as he noticed a treasure box, but Dokja-ahjussi quickly clasped a firm hand over his mouth.

"Shh, wait." He muttered as I looked quizzically at the older man. Wait for what? Was this a trap?

"The treasure trove doesn't just contain treasures."

[The constellation 'Stardrifter' warns her incantation of the incoming danger and prays for her safety. 500 coins have been sponsored.]

How rich is my constellation? Geez... not that I'm complaining.

Anyways, the three of us waited awkwardly in silence. After a minute had passed, shadows started to emerge around the treasure chest.

Wait... It was the ground rats again. They brought something through the tunnel, threw it and exchanged information.

.

Slowly, a crowd of ground rats gathered, the surroundings also were lit little by little with black, blueish flames. It looked like something straight out of a fairytale, or a video game. I marvelled at the sight before snapping out of the daydream when I heard a familiar voice.

"It is all because of Yoo Sangah-ssi!" I heard the familiar, annoying voice echo across the underground cavern. 

Oh my GOD. That geezer says what's Sangha-unnie's fault now? How dare he... I gritted my in annoyance but didn't take any action when I felt Dokja-ahjussi squeeze my shoulder in warning.

"Because of me, what do you mean by that?"

In the dim, black-tinted light, there were two people tied up lying next to what seemed to be the root of a massive tree, tied up tightly by the smaller roots that branched off from the main one.

"I-If Yoo Sangah hadn't taken the subway, the situation wouldn't be like this!"

"Why does the subway matter now?"

"T-That...That, Yoo Sangah-ssi, you ride a bicycle all the time..."

Han Myungoh's voice shook as he started half-babbling, half-ranting. I cringed at the gibberish and incoherent words spilling from his mouth.

This time, Sangah-unnie's tone was cold as she finally came to a realisation. "Wait a minute. Were you the one who stole my bike?"

"W-Why are you like this? I clearly told you that I would drive you in my car! You should know how to accept favours!"

"Answer me. Did you steal my bike?"

"What the heck..." I whispered to myself as barely contained anger bubbled inside of me. First, that geezer survived by sheer luck, abandoned us on the bridge, became a poor leader in Gumho station, proved to be useless and a waste of supplies, AND NOW HE STEALS PEOPLE'S BELONGINGS?

[The constellation Demon-like Judge of Fire hates the character 'Han Myungoh.']

Han Myungoh's face lit up so red that it could clearly be seen in the dim lighting.

"Yes, FINE! I did it! So what?"

"Why are you talking like it isn't a big deal? You took someone else's things, that's a crime! It's theft!"

"Theft? Don't talk bullshit! You should've just got in my car from the beginning!"

From the corner of my eye, I saw Dokja-ahjussi quietly gripping the thorn in his hand.

"Ahjussi," I whispered, gaining the attention of the two people next to me.

"Something wrong, Byeol?"