The Unexpected Fate

All of a sudden, Piper's vision goes black and before you know it, she's on Mount Olympus before the gods.

Olympus didn't look as glamorous and shiny as they last came here. There were dark clouds and a tense atmosphere making everything look dull and old.

Something is definitely up.

Piper thought. The Gods were on their thrones (including Hades), they all looked worried and stressed. They didn't look all nice, but they had messy hair and looked older. Normally the gods don't gather together, only on winter solace. The seven looked as confused as Piper was. Hera looked angry, Hephtesus looked confused, Apollo looked scared, Artemis looked lost in thought, Athena looked serious, Hades looked annoyed, Poseidon looked tired, Ares looked frustrated, Demeter looked disgusted, Aphrodite looked shocked and Hestia in the fire looked calm.

Then Zeus noticed us maybe because we were too "small".

"Hello Demigods."

He boomed. His beard was messy and dark gray, which put him in the best mood. We all bowed down to Zeus, but it didn't look like he cared. His eyes were somewhere else...

"Why would you call us father?" Jason noticed the uneasiness.

"The Fates have informed us that there is a fate that even the three Fates cannot understand or control." Zeus tensed up.

Zeus waved his hand and the Three Fates appeared in front of us. They wore a black veil over their heads and back hunched a bit, they all looked the same, dressed in white dress. They looked so frail, but their presence told otherwise.

Piper backed away for a bit, Annabeth and Percy told them that the Fates can be pretty imitating and strong.

"Fate that can't understand fate? That doesn't make any sense"

Leo said as he backed away also. Piper looked at his Hephtesus for anything, but he was busy with his hands. Instead, the three Fates answered in unison in raspy voices.

"Leo Valdez, someone has stolen our power. The power to control and predict the future of someone's fate. The Great Prophecy you heard 1 year ago is when they haven't hidden it yet."

Leo froze. Piper was shaken up too, Their voices hissed, and when Piper looked them in the eye her life flashed before her eyes.

"How did they steal their powers?" Piper asked.

"The yarn they use represents each person's line of life. This was taken from that, it's like Zeus and his symbol of power." Athena explained.

Zeus looked annoyed by this, his bolt was taken once and retrieved by Percy, Annabeth, and Grover.

"Why would you call us?" Annabeth asked.

"Because you are the strongest group of demigods we have, and if we don't get it back. They could control everybody's fate." Poseidon said in a calming tone. Though it did have a string of stress in his words.

Annabeth glared. Her guilt, pain, anger, and sadness are ready to explode. She didn't care about if the gods could blast her to pieces. My seaweed brain...

"The strongest demigods," Artemis assured.

Then Annabeth snapped.

"WE ALREADY LOST HALF OUR POWER," Annabeth shouted with rage.

Nobody stopped her, instead, they looked at her with shock.

"Percy was half of the army, and you don't care about him. He saved the world 2 times...TWO TIMES. Percy's life is NOTHING BUT A PAWN TO YOU. He's been disrespected and played with ALL. HIS. LIFE."

Annabeth took a deep breath. She started crying.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH GUILT HE HOLDS?!... The deaths he regrets every. Single. day. He had ALWAYS hid it, and he sacrificed himself for us. Us." Annabeth growled.

"He fell into Tartarus for me. ME. And I don't think loyalty is a flaw, it's a miracle."

Her voice was raspy like the time she screamed for Percy when he fell.

Everyone looked broken. Poseidon looked lost, his eyes were heartbroken. Piper knew that without Percy, they couldn't do anything. He was the central part of our group.

"Father," Jason spoke tears dripping down.

Zeus looked up.

"What is our goal for this quest?"

Annabeth stared at him like

Why?

"You must find the String of The Fates and return it before it is used against us. It seems that they don't know how to activate it."

Jason whispered to all of us,

"The prophecy, it may hold the clue to Percy"

"And where do we search?" Jason asked.

"Alaska." Annabeth blurted out.

Everyone turned to her.

"There was this dream I had last night."

After she explained everything about her dream, we told them about the arrival of this green-eyed man and Zeus sent us on our way.

"You will have your supplies with you," Hermes said, he just arrived to hear everything.

"Be careful, Annabeth," Poseidon said. "Let's not lose you too"

His pleading eyes looked so much like Percy's.

"Ok"

"I cannot send you straight to Alaska, but I shall send you to a familiar place," Zeus added.

Without hesitation, Zeus waved his hand, and the seven disappeared from Mount Olympus.