Part 2

One month later

Akshara woke up to a buzzing alarm. The sky was still dark resembeling her life.  She checked for her phone to stop the alarm . It was 5 in the morning.

She hurriedly ran downstairs after freshening up and started preparing all her son's favorite items.

After a month of persuasion and pleading by the Goenkas , Abhimanyu has finally accepted to send Abhir to their house for a day. She is going to meet her betu after so long. She was excited , she wanted to pamper him with all his favorites. She started preparing everything beforehand so she could spend all the limited time she is going to get with her son.

" Juices...Ready.
Sandwich .. Ready.
Toast... Ready.
Fruits... Ready"

She checked if she had prepared everything.

" What if its not enough? What if he wants something else? I will also prepare some Patahande for him. Abhir loves Himachali food. Same like Abhin...."

Her mind stuttered to finish that name. It has been a month since that fateful day which stole both her husband and her son from her.

After he left shoving the divorce papers in her hand, she was heartbroken, the man whom she depended on for life just left her like she meant nothing to him.  Eventhough she knew she shouldn't have uttered all those words to him , she didn't expect him to divorce her over that.  She was ready to apologize for her mistake in anyway possible but he never gave her a chance.

She waited for a week for him to comeback on his own, but to no avail. Despite him asking her to not contact him,  she tried every means possible. She called him day and night only to get the same message that the number is switched off. She called Neelamma, who confirmed he was in Kasauli only but refuses to speak to anyone regarding her . She even wanted to go to Kasuali herself to appease him but ....

Flashback starts

Akshara was standing in the hallway all ready to depart for Kasauli. Her bags packed, she was waiting for the cab she had booked to take her to the airport.

"Abhinav Sharma,  I am coming . Let's see how you ignore me face to face. I know you are just masking your pain on losing the custody as anger . Once we speak our heart out everything would get fine.  " she thought letting a smile creep up her lips after almost a fortnight

Ramu kaka, the family's loyal servant walked inside the house holding a huge box . He came towards Akshara.

"Beti Ji, ye Aap ke liye kisine bheja hai" he said and handed it over to her.

Akshara was confused on who had  sent her such a huge parcel.  There was a note attached with it.

" I have packed off all your belongings in this box. I dont want any of your things in my house.  Kindly check and message Neelamma if anything is missing,  I will send it too  .
- Abhinav"

Akshara read the note and collapsed on the floor with tears streaming down her eyes. The note made it clear that he had no intention of reconciling.

" Why Abhinav why..? All these 6 years you were such a good friend and guide to me, best father in the world to Abhir? Just when we were moving towards something more than friendship you backed out completely.

Ab achanak se kya badla Abhinav? "

Just then his words on the fateful day flashed in her mind "leave me alone, I want to live my life"

" What if after all these years he has realized what a big burden she was to him? She just enetred into his life , pregnant with another's man's kid and let him take care of her and her kid for 6 years living in a platonic relationship . What if he wanted to break free of her and move on with a girl who would love him and have no baggage like her? What if he decided he had enough? " Akshara's mind started making up conclusions.