Part 3

"Abhir betu, ye sab kya h? Tu ne test papers pe scribble kyun kiya? Aur tumhara classworks pe kuch bhi nahi likha h? Aur tumhe detention bhi mili thi?" Akshara was stunned to see Abhir's school records. Her kid who used to be topper in studies and always the best behaved student has failed in all his tests and has gotten a detention for beating up his classmate.

Abhir dipped his head in shame, Shivansh mentally abusing him at home along with the sudden loss of his mama and papa from his life he couldn't concentrate on his studies and has been acting up at school too.

"Toh kya mama, aap kya mujhe punishment dengi? Do na, mujhe koi farak nahi padtha.. Mei aise hi karunga" Abhir replied in a harsh tone unable to project himself as a failure to her, he thought it will be best to be disrespectful. He ran away to the room.

Akshara was taken aback. Abhir just spoke to back to her, that too this harshly . She knew he is acting out because of the recent changes in his life, but she was afraid of his future.

"Already he has lost so much school because of surgery, but now if he acts like this he won't have a future. What has happened to my son. Kanha Ji why are you punishing him so much? Pls save my kid's future.. pls kanha Ji" she prayed hoping the God could hear her duas.

**************************************

It was dinner time at the Goenka Mansion. Goenka's prepared a lavish spread of items for Abhir. They wanted to pamper him in the limited time they got.

"Abhir , have aloo paratha, it's your favorite na" Swarna kept one on his plate seeing he hasn't touched any of the foods previously served to him. He didn't even touch the Jelabi and kachori which was his favorite. Akshara noticed that Abhir definitely looked leaner and paler than before he went off to Birla Mansion. Even surgery didn't make him this weaker.

He took two bites of aloo paratha and pushed the plate away , getting up to wash his hands.

"Abhir betu , eat some more na, wait mama will feed you like today morning" Akshara pleaded with him.

"No mama, I'm full. Even morning I wasn't hungry I just ate because i was so happy to see you and was waiting for papa. But now I have to go back tomorrow and papa left us" he replied looking gloomy. Akshara's heart broke into a thousand pieces, she didn't have any words of consolation for him as she herself needed consoling.

"Champ, leave all that. You like ice cream right? Come let's have ice cream and play football " Kairaav tried to change his mood and held his wrist to take him.

Abhir whisked away his hand " leave me alone.. I don't want any ice cream or football.. why don't you guys understand at once.. I'm going to sleep" Abhir responded rudely with his misdirected anger and ran off to his room.

Goenkas along with Akshara were more than shocked to see his behavior change this drastically in just a month.

**************************************
Akshara went into Abhir's room and saw him playing on the cellphone .

"Abhir betu " she called him out.

"What ? I know you are here to scold me.. just get it done" he harshly replied.

"No betu, I am not angry at you. Mama loves you Abhir, I can understand what you are going through. Believe me, this is not what I wanted too " she said looking at him in remorse. He didn't reply but she could sense his silent tears.

"Abhir, I came here to ask if you could sleep with mama in my room?" She asked him not to be apart from her son .

"No mama, I'm okay here. " he replied knowing very well that tomorrow he has to sleep alone at Birla Mansion . He didn't want his heart to get used to the love of his mother and go back to not having it. It's better he remained distant.