Chapter 22

In the midst of the evening, the atmosphere between Beyoncé and Onika shifted from one of relaxation to palpable tension. Onika's phone call had cast a shadow over their plans, leaving her with a gnawing worry in her chest. As Beyoncé left for the office, Onika's eyes pleaded for her to stay, but duty called, pulling Beyoncé away from their date night.

Left alone, Onika tried to shake off the unease settling in her stomach. She wandered into the nursery, a room that was meant to be filled with laughter and the coos of their baby girl, yet now felt hauntingly empty. With each touch, she imagined a future that suddenly seemed uncertain.

A deep sense of foreboding gnawed at Onika. She called everyone she could think of, desperately seeking answers, but the cause of her anxiety remained elusive. In her heart, she feared something terrible had happened, a premonition that refused to be silenced.

Amidst the mounting anxiety, the comforting presence of family offered some solace. They gathered around, attempting to distract Onika from her worries, but her eyes darted to her phone, still silent, still devoid of the message she longed for.

The minutes stretched into hours, and the darkness outside deepened. With every unanswered call to Beyoncé, Onika's worry grew. When her phone finally rang, it was Beyoncé's best friend, Kelly, bearing news that shattered Onika's fragile composure.
The words cut through the air, leaving Onika breathless and teary-eyed. Beyoncé had been in a terrible car crash, the details unknown, the outcome uncertain. The world around Onika seemed to blur as panic gripped her heart.

With her mind racing, Onika rushed to get dressed, her hands instinctively cradling her four-month pregnant belly, as if shielding their unborn child from the tumultuous storm within her.

Onika's hands trembled as she clutched her phone, the news of Beyoncé's accident sinking in like a heavy stone in her chest. Her mind raced with fear and despair as she rushed to the hospital, the baby inside her seemingly responding to her stress with restless flutters. The drive felt endless, each passing moment marked by silent prayers for Beyoncé's safety

Arriving at the hospital, Onika's steps were unsteady as she made her way to the waiting area. Her eyes met Kelly's, and without words, they shared a deep, shared concern. Onika's voice quivered as she asked, "How bad is it, Kelly? Is Beyoncé going to be okay?"

Kelly, her own eyes reflecting the worry etched on Onika's face, gently placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "The doctors are doing everything they can, Onika. They're working tirelessly to save her."

With a heart heavy with uncertainty, Onika approached the doctor, her voice surprisingly steady despite the fear that gripped her. "Please, Doctor, do whatever it takes. I can't lose her. Our baby needs her shit I need her ."

The doctor, empathetic but realistic, explained the extent of Beyoncé's injuries and the risks involved in the upcoming surgery. Onika listened, her determination unwavering. "I understand the risks, but please, give her a fighting chance. I believe in her strength."

As the medical team prepared for the surgery, Onika found herself alone in a small, sterile room. She looked down at her growing belly, a mix of emotions swelling within her. With trembling hands, she whispered to her unborn child, promising her that they would fight together for Beyoncé's return. The baby seemed to respond, its movements a tiny beacon of hope amid the darkness.

Time blurred as Onika sat in the hospital room, her thoughts consumed by memories of Beyoncé and their dreams for the future. She clung to the love they shared, drawing strength from it like a lifeline in the storm. Every moment without news felt like an eternity, but Onika refused to give in to despair. She held onto the belief that their love could defy even the gravest of odds.

In the dimly lit hospital corridor, Onika's tears mingled with the anxiety that enveloped her. Time seemed to stand still as they awaited any word, any sign of hope. The journey ahead was uncertain, but in the depths of her being, Onika vowed to fight for both her love and the life they had created together. With each whispered prayer, she held onto the flickering flame of hope, willing it to burn bright enough to guide them through the darkness that loomed ahead

---