2 - "what a bunch of queer bologne!"

NO POV/ TRAVIS POV:

"okay... maybe i wont skip bologna day..." travis thought as he scurried along the bustling Nockfell high hallways, swerving left and right turns of the maze-like corridors of the school to be finally met with the open metal doors of the lunchroom.

He wondered at first if he should actually go or not, but he doubled back and shook his head as he hesitated in the food line; its not like his father ever cooks anything to his liking anyways- he had always been a strict, nasty and violent pushover who would always, and only listen to himself.

"That dirty narcissist..." travis huffed under his breath as he picked up a tray and roughly tossed on it a milk carton, an apple and his favorite food made in the entire world- bologna! He was a bit down when he thinks deeper into it though- only having decent tasting food once a week...

If it werent for his belief that god would finally answer his prayers of pleading agony to have a better life, a better dad, and the best mum in the world to come back to him and embrace him in her arms like she used to do every day when he was seven or so, he would have ran away from his insane father ages ago... probably.

But travis isnt that brave, he never has been- what is there to be brave about? His dad had the upper hand in every situation, quite literally. If he didnt do as he was told, it was a slap, punch, or even kick to the gut or face... life was tough, and travis most certainly wasnt.

He sulked stubbornly as he practically stomped over to his usual, deserted table in the corner of the cafeteria, except, it wasnt as deserted as it was ever other normal day.there was someone else on his table- a new kid, perhaps? but what on earth were they doing on his lonely table? not to sound as rude as it did in travis's head (and out loud), but it seemed a bit odd for another kid to just appear out of nowhere in the last semester of high school and chose to sit alone, on travis's table.

travis was a bit too salty to have company, especially from someone who looked like... that.

travis was sure as hell that the person he was hesitating to sit next to on his imagine-claimed table was in no way a heterosexual; this kid looked around his age, dark brown, neck lengthed brown hair that was cut with layers messily, yet they flicked up at the longest parts, he seemed to have their ears pierced with black studs on each ear, and a button up (that was messy with the collar button undone) over a v-necked green sweater. why did this matter so much to travis? because he was describing a boy- yes, a boy.

"boys shouldnt have their ears pierced, nor should they have long hair; thats disgusting." was what travis thought as he grimaced at the sight. but he wasnt going to say anything, they seemed not to be eating, rather they were reading a book with wired earphones into an mp4 player that was played to the left of the reading material. he scoffed and rolled his eyes to himself.

"that book isnt the bible, I bet." Travis genuenly felt an ick just standing near this kid, but by not he had already noticed travis's lanky presence, edging his head up slowly at travis as he gave him a sleepy-eyed look up and down, raising an eyebrow before scooting even further away to the edge of the bench (even though he was already sat so close to the corners). travis had gotten so used to sitting alone, it felt like a personal attack against him that someone else dared to sit near to him, one that was so nonchalantly sat without a care in the entire god forsaken world, so he blatantly went ahead and put his feelings down on the table (no pun intended):

"who are you?" travis blurted out, with a disgusted tone.

"hm?" the boy hummed in response- he clearly heard travis, but expected him to maybe sit down and eat the questionable looking sandwich in silence instead of interrogating him for minding his own business.