Chapter 48

Days passed and brains started heating to think of ways to trap Jeongho.

Seungmin spent days and nights in his lab, thinking of thousands way of trespassing their enemy's technologies.

Jeongin spent days and nights on his computer, trying to log into Jeongho's informatics centers, after thousands of failures.

They started getting closer to their goals, and Jisung's physical state has been perfectionning. He started working out again, still denying practicing with Changbin, and he felt way better.

He knew that he still wasn't at 100% of his abilities, but he wasn't fighting alone, so he could bear a few weaknesses.

Another meeting had been called for, and this time, Seungmin and Jeongin were ready.

"Okay, Innie, want to start?" Chan softly asked the younger, who got closer to Chan's desk.

"Alright, there's a lot to unpack" He said as he showed a few pictures "Jeongho moves a lot, and we can imagine that Ray follows him, but he currently is traveling between to specific points, a big shed at the North, and another building at the South of Seoul"

"A shed?!" Jisung asked as he stood up "It must be where the kids are" He stated confidently

"R-Really? I couldn't see anything regarding what were there" Jeongin responded anxiously

"100% sure" Jisung confirmed, face falling slightly.

Minho looked over him with concern eyes, noticing the slight shift on Jsiung's expression. He wondered what could bug him so much.

Had he spent time in that specific shed when under Jeongho? Another shed? Was it even a shed?

"Well... we know where to search for then..." Chan said, before signaling for Jeongin to continue

"I checked two buildings. The one Jisung was and the 'new' one I saw Jeongho in" He said, opening a new tab with multiple technology devices appearing

"His security cams are easily contournable, I'll deactivate them easily. I can also create a few passes, you won't even have to break in" He explained, as they nodded eagerly "What bugged me the most, was the security weapons. He can block the doors, the same way it happened at Ray's. There is a few wall-turrets surrounding his office, and they might be really dangerous, but I can turn them off as well. I searched a lot for that... Sorry" He said shamefully

"You did amazing" Chan praised, and Jeongin continued, raising his paper to not show off the subtle blush

"For the synergetic walls... I tried to locate them... But I'm not completely sure. I'll say I'm 85% sure there are in his office, everywhere, so no bullets can work through. Not in the corridors, as there are turrets, but in every place with offices, it might be safe from guns." He said, as Hyunjin pouted "But there is blind spots" He said, and Hyunjin immediately raised "The synergetic waves aren't walls, but domes. So the bullet can go through every upper corner of the room. So if you push someone there and target the head, you'll get them, even with the synergetic waves" He explained, and everyone clapped for his hard work.

Meanwhile, Jisung cursed himself.

He could have exploded this motherfucking's head earlier if he knew.

"Seungmin?" Chan called

"What concerns the synergetic dome, I'm still very unsure" Seungmin said with a sigh "I recreated it easily, and also decided to place one around the mansion soon enough, but anyway that isn't the subject" He said, shaking his head while Hyunjin looked at him with bright eyes "Normal bullets can't go through, and mostly because of the whole aspect of the bullets. Materials, speed, powder, everything makes it unable to pass through it. But I decided to rewind back history, remember crossbows?" He asked

"Want us to go back to sticks and rocks?" Minho huffed

"Yes, and no" He said with a chuckle at a defiant Minho "I've shaped crossbow into guns, Hyunjin you'll like this one" He said as he took a gun from under the table "They look like guns, they fire like guns, but there aren't guns, just crossbows in disguise. It's way less effective than a bullet, but it might trick them" He explained with a proud smile "You'll show the gun, they'll think they're invincible because they know about the dome, and then you'll shoot, and they'll get hurt"

"How much damage?" Jisung curiously asked

"Not much, depends where you shoot" Seungmin responded "But it's a good surprise weapon, they won't expect it, and if you target the head..."

"...it's over" Jisung continued, nodding along.

"And regarding protection, I built a few stuff" He said, also picking the prototypes from under the table "I hardened the bulletproof jacket, so it won't lead to broken ribs. They're heavier though, so you'll lose speed and agility. I've made a few protections gloves and shoes, making sure you'll come back in one piece. For the legs, I didn't put much protection, it's a bit safe but not as the upper body, so make sure to move around a lot" He warned getting to the helmet "This helmet is strong as hell and not too heavy. I'll shape it from your faces so it's easier, but make sure it's only shot once. I don't think they resistant enough for two shots."

"It's alright, I think anyone here we'll make sure to not be shot in the face" Minho responded, rolling his eyes

Seungmin chuckled, always finding his banter with Minho funny, as he delicately put the helmet on the table

"Well, that's i-"

The door suddenly opened wide, revealing a distressed guard, panting and entering the room.

"Lee Know! Something happened and they're calling for you!" He said, struggling to talk in between exhausted breaths.

"Me?" Minho stood up panicky "What happened?!"

"The teacher from the elementary school, she called for help" He said, coughing a bit "Seungwoo hasn't been seen since yesterday"

As soon as the words left the guard's mouth, Minho's blood froze in sheer panic

"WHAT?!" He yelled, turning to Chan "Chan" He called, waiting for orders.

"Go, Minho. But watch out" He warned, narrowing his eyes at him "We'll continue our meeting and I'll keep you informed later"

Minho nodded firmly, before bolting out of the room.

just a little 'warning':

I'm purely saying bullshit in all those 'technologies'

I know none of it, and don't know if what i say is correct or not

sorry for all people that know about this and winced when reading those lies <3