Chapter 1 - Josh "the W" Williams

It was just a normal rainy day at school, me and my friends were just sitting bored in science class. As I was staring out the window,I realized, I'm not like the other girls...

"Sigh... I wish I had packed a lunch I'm soo hungry." I said as I put up my hair beginning to work with my friends.

"Sally?" one said.

"Yea?"

"Are you going with anyone for the Halloween party Stacy is hosting?"

"No..I'm just so... single." I said while making an annoyed and sad face. Suddenly, the room lit up with a bright light. The smile of Josh "the W" Williams lit up the room, blinding everyone with his pearly whites and his bright green orbs. The rain stopped in response to his beauty, and every girl in the room stared at him as he continued to walk into class.

He was laughing with his friend, and then he turned to the rest of the classroom. The first girl he looked at... was me! I wasn't really paying attention though, because I'm not like the other girls and I'm not obsessed with boys. I like video games and hunting and eating chicken wings with my bros. (This must've been why Josh looked at me.) He walked over to my table and put his hand on my desk.

"Do I know you?" He said to me, I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes. Of course he didn't remember.

"Yeah, we met last weekend at Ryan's house. We played Clash of Clans together. You seriously don't remember?" He squinted his eyes and leaned back.

"Your face isn't really that memorable, so maybe I don't." I sneered at him and looked out the window.

It had started raining again. I started playing Clash if Clans and Josh sat next to me, and I turned to look at him.

"What are you doing..." I asked him, clearly irritated.

"I'm just seeing what you're doing. By the way, you should put that guy there, and this other guy here. You'll win, trust me." He said while pointing at my phone. I did as he told, placed this one and that one over there.

"I won!" I shouted.

"Told you" he said with a smile. Seeing that smile made that whole interaction worth it, but sadly class had to end. I picked up my books and walked to the door but then tripped on air.. As I was falling he suddenly caught me in his arms, they were so warm and so muscular.

"You should be more careful." He laughed.

"W-whatever, Josh-chan!!"(Did I mention I'm an anime fan). He looked at me with that cute smile again and left. That smile blinded me so much to the point where I was late to class.

~LUNCH TIME~

I walked into the cafeteria, carrying my lunch tray. I went and sat down with my friends and looked down at my tray. I didn't feel like eating or talking to them. I pulled out my phone and watched tiktok. A video of a girl putting on makeup and doing a "grwm" video popped up.

"What are you doing?" I turned around and saw Josh. He walked closer behind me and took my phone away from me.

"Hey! Give that back!" I yelled at him, reaching up for my phone. He put his hand above my head, and him being 6'5 and me 4'11 he had a clear advantage over me.

"Josh, give it back." I said with an irritated look in my eyes.

"What if I don't want to?" He said with a smirk.

I kicked his leg, and he went flying across the room because of my strength. I was only strong because the boys had asked me to workout
with them.

"OW HOW ARE YOU SO STRONG?!" He said, shocked with fear in his eyes.

I realized then I had really messed up. I thought my strength would impress him, but it had an opposite effect. (Not that I want to impress him.) Later that day I went home feeling so defeated. I cried, all my chances were ruined then and there.

"I can't believe this. What am I going to do now..?" I asked myself.

I looked at my phone, the date saying it was October 30th.

"Just one more day until that party. OH MY GOD I FORGOT TO GET A COSTUME." I thought to myself as I grabbed my car keys and raced to my car. I paused when I saw Josh Williams walking down the street. Why is he here? I saw him walk into a house, the one where my enemy, Jessica, lived. Are they dating? Do I even stand a chance? (Not that I want to have a chance or anything.) Seeing that for some odd reason broke me. I didn't want to get a costume anymore nor did I want to go to the party... I went back to my room and cried a little.