*1*

"SAFA"

"Dear come down please!!"
"SAFA Dear?!" HER clamor from the parlor to my bedroom echoes, making me to fight the urge to roll my eyeball.

Every Saturday like today, Her voice irritated me and i found myself asking for help from the Almighty. It's this kind of day that made me asked.

'Why haven't i been married?'

Because, Her call, Her shout, and everything that took place on every single Saturday frightened me.

I shook my head after hearing Her voice again, walking to my shoe rack, i took a flat beautiful one—which off course matched the outfit i wore: black and goldenbrown lace—sewn in a comfortable Kaftan. After looking at myself through the mirror, i took my phone and skipped my way to the door.

HER glare welcome me as soon as i stepped into the parlor, She gave me the 'You're finally here' look. Giving her a not-so real smile, i sat next to my mother who was shaking her head—well..i know it's her way of disapproving my behavior, which she can never be tired of every Saturday, the same time as now.

"I'm warning you.." Kakar words, i looked up to her and found her, her thump held towards me, warningly. "..this should be the last time."

I nod my head and looked down, in pity of my faith.

Dad, just came in and smiled, calm Kakar down, after the Queen came down we finally arrived outside our compound.

Kakar wasn't Dad's Mother but his Auntie, making her my grand aunty. My grandmother died years back, making her the elder of our family. From the pictures of my grandmother that i saw, Kakar was her another version. Due to the promise she said she made to her sister, she was on the mission of making her sister's family to be united; She made a rule, a rule where every Saturday my family visit the other family and the next Saturday, the other family visit my family, constantly.

It was—really hard, for me and my mom, but for dad, he was more than happy. I adore, like and respect Kakar but on a Saturday like this, all my likeliness turn astray, i pray for an ending of this torture.

If i was at my Husband's house, i wouldn't be pressured on Saturday.

If i had my family, Kakar won't be able to dominate my Saturday.

My Saturday would've been BETTER!

I starts my car after Dad and Kakar sat at on the back, while my mom on the passenger seat, heading towards...well some where *sigh*

Should i introduce myself?

I'm SAFA Abdulhakeem, the only daughter and child Of Abdulhakeem Shuwa and Batul Siddiqi. I Safa was their daughter and another version of them, i had my Dad's Shuwa Arab's features and Mom Fulani's.

"You're always late, I'm sure this is the reason you're still at home unmarried."  I looked at mom, my blood boiling. She just starts. The mocking session.

I keep driving through the busy city of Abuja, along side the road, alongside different people on their vehicles—with either car, motorcycles or more.

I drove, trying my best to kept my ears away from the chattering of Kakar which was mainly her prayers for—a husband to me, as i was deprived of my Saturday, now, currently i wish for her prayer to be answered.